Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Special Edition - worth it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I do plan to buy UT2K4 at some point but I have seen this "Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition"

"Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD Special Edition includes a double-DVD set. Disc one includes all of the game content while disc 2 includes more than 150 hours of Video Training Modules (VTMs) from 3D Buzz that teach fans and amateur mod makers how to use the Unreal Editor to create custom game content."

It includes some other things but they are not important.

My question is the VTMs. For someone who is interested in getting into modding, mapping and other things I was wondering if its worth the extra cost and how good.

Yes I have a tonne of tutorials and such but you can never get enough of good material.

Some kind of gimmick to get my cash or something worth while for someone trying to learn.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
you can get all the tutorials on 3dbuzz.com though it would be nice to have them on a cd. however im not too convinced by using videos to teach yourself. i often find them too slow. and its far too hard to look up a quick reference if you want to use one of the tecniques described. rather than follow it to the letter.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
Up here in the frozen north Amazon.ca has it on for $89.99 with free shipping.

Regular version is $64.99 free shipping.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Well, you can get those tuts for free at 3D Buzz, just register and DL. I personally like them a lot, I'd prefer them any day over all the written tuts.

They're not what makes you king, but they sure are worth the download/disc/viewing time.

I so far have somewhere between 2.5 and 3 GB downloaded and they all were good for my medium-range skills, especially for getting started with mapping for 2k3 which is considerably different from UT mapping.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
So...

What about us who want a DVD, but don't want to spend extra money and get all sorts of 'goodies' we don't want? I just want the DVD...one disk, for my game. ONE disk. One DISK. How difficult is it for companies to do that? Seriously...it's NOT that difficult.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
I have to agree with Keg on this. Game companies just don't get it. I have my DVD player for 3 going 4 years and I have yet to install a game using the DVD capability.

Apperently its 23 new VTMs. Anyways I am downloading some to take a look at. I don't plan to get this as soon as its released so I'll wait to see what happens. My current rule on not buying a new game for atleast 3 months after release have saved my headaches and cash.

I guess there is a "Logitech Internet Chat Headset for use with the game's exclusive voice over IP (voice chat) technology" - wippty do do

"an Unreal window sticker" oh I can't wait.

and comes im a "comes in a limited edition metal box".

I really wonder where these guys come up with this stuff.