What all can I delete from UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
For INF to still run, what all can I delete from UT and still run INF 2.9?

I assume the contents of UT/Maps. What about other stuff under UT root directory?

I also assume: leave the UT/system directory the hell alone ;)

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
/music might go as well, everything else should stay. you *may* delete the standart textures or at least these that are realy not used in inf (open unrealed and use common sense on this), but some costom maps as well as a few official maps use one or two of the standart texture packages. in /sounds a few can go, but a lot have to stay as well.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
fist_mlrs said:
/music might go as well, everything else should stay. you *may* delete the standart textures or at least these that are realy not used in inf (open unrealed and use common sense on this), but some costom maps as well as a few official maps use one or two of the standart texture packages. in /sounds a few can go, but a lot have to stay as well.

Hmm. I'm not sure about deleting the textures. You might, for example, get a texture package full of weird alien architecture, but with a sweet concrete texture...

Last edited:

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
thats what i ment with using common sense. i had deleted most of my standart textures for quite some time (the only reason why they aren't now is because i reinstalled). there are packs full of textures you just won't ever need for infiltration, and as textures beside maps are the biggest space wasters in ut it might be usefull to check which ones you can remove. after all you can just make a backup on cd in case you deleted a needed one.

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
Odie3 said:
Thanks Guys for the input!

My problem with textures is *which* once to leave out :( There are so many!

You could move the files instead of deleting to begin with, then play for a month or something before you perma delete.

[C22]-Mort

Retired but wearing the tag with pride!
Aug 18, 2003
Cornwall
www.morte.force9.co.uk
Backup ALL UT textures to CD, then play all your Infiltration Maps locally, any textures you need will show up and you can copy them back from CD :D

Occasionally when playing new maps on-line it may throw up a missing texture but it should download it for you, if not keep that backup CD handy :D

That's what I did, repeated with sounds as well :D