Bug with Beretta M9

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Whenever I select the M9, then switch to another weapon, then switch back to M9 and reload. My character decides to pull the slide and cocks manually a round in the chamber.

Can I get a confirmation from other players ?

The other gun was an M16A2, even if I doubt that the weapon will change anything.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
Just did a quick test, and yes, confirmed. It's an error in the anim, yet it still ejects the chambered round as it should in this case, so as erehwon pointed out, it'snot technically a bug. Still, it should not happen this way.

Last edited:

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
nonono .... it is meant this way.

Reason for this was an animation to be missing yes, but reimporting the very old and then fixed anims was a nightmare and the whole weapon mesh and animations were corrupted then. So, we had no select animation for the case the 'hammer' is back already. Means that if you then would reload the anim would be the wrong one aso aso. So we corrected the codes to match the actual look of the weapon. Means, no hammer back, you have to cock it to get the hammer back. But cause a round is still chambered we do eject it.
So, in the end everything is fully correct. Only thing that is a bit off is the fact that the soldier brings up the cocked weapon with the hammer in closed position (well not so off at all) instead of pulling the hammer back during the select as he does for the other pistols.

And what was wrong with the M16?

Beppo

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
No no no, nothing is wrong with the M16 as i understand it, Shrap meant "the weapon i switch to when having this problem is the M16", as in, his loadout has a M16 and a M9 in it.

Thanks for the explanantion. Makes sense.