Registering an artifact should cost 100 energy.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
That's an idea anyway.

The team that is registering has minimum 800 energy, often there's no early resistance stopping them from "double registering" for quick wins.

Since the act of registering is the point of the game and "everything in the game revolves around energy", so should registering an arti.

So if your team is at 800 and you register you'll loose the artinode, self-packs and possibly manned turrets for a bit.

That keeps the gens a priority even if the team is winning.

Should be an easy mutator for any coders out there.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
hmm....would stop quick matches,thats for sure.not sure if i agree,though i can't think of how that would be bad.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
not a bad idea

i was thinking that the nodes could be toatly useless for anything till like 10min into a match cant take artis till that times passed (also cant reg what u cant take) that would also be a way to keep these 3-5 min matches from happening time limit may have to be ajusted properly but combine with a energy caust for reg that would make the game more intresting

least to me i like having to hold gens in rampent its a hell of a job keeping the gens AND deploy points
but its also far to easy for one team to run over and get bouth artis and get back to win :(

Pawnbroker

ºØmníºChiron
Jan 2, 2004
Don't really see the point of this. You only see this happen on servers with a high nubcake quotient. If no one is on defense, you deserve to lose ;)
Whats to keep the guy with the arti from camping somewhere out of the way until the energy goes back up? Energy is already a crucial component--this just seems a way to drag things out.

"Since the act of registering is the point of the game and "everything in the game revolves around energy", so should registering an arti"

It does. You need 800 nrg to register artifacts. :rolleyes:

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
was thinking that the nodes could be toatly useless for anything till like 10min into a match cant take artis till that times passed

i DON'T like that idea.if you've got enough power to register artis,you should be abole to register artis.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
i dont like games that last 3 min becouse it means that the noobs cant learn what to do

Demo_Boy

Incindiary
Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Gives a chance to recover from two man raptor grab.

Pawnbroker said:
If no one is on defense, you deserve to lose

That's great, in a clan match I'm sure this wouldn't be needed. Its for pubs.

Pawnbroker said:
Whats to keep the guy with the arti from camping somewhere out of the way until the energy goes back up?

People hunting him down? :rolleyes:

Finally, as far as the crucial-ness of energy, sure it's crucial -- when you're losing. When you are winning your team usually has 1200 -- I think there's not enough sinking on the energy to make them important to the winning team.

So mebbe the cap is too high, but I thought this would be a good alternative, since mostly the pubs are 4 minute affairs and a lowered e-cap wouldn't change it.

If you really wanted to make it important you could cost 250! for registering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.