PDA

View Full Version : UT Start Error Message

Nahand
2nd Jan 2004, 07:48 AM
Hi all.

I post this because yet again i got an internal error in UT. The thing happened (just like i suspected from other installs) when installing a custom player model = Lord Maul <- the Darth Maul from Star Wars Episode I.

Thing is i got an error that doesn't let me enter UT anymore and other option is re-isntall UT all over (for the 10 000 time :/ ).

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
I've unistalled the Maul model after getting the error (a UMOD). Error remains.

Image attached with error message.
I think it should be some path in UT.ini or Manifest.ini.

Please help!

Sexmachine
2nd Jan 2004, 08:12 AM
Looks like one of the Add-Ons you've installed changes the startup map to Requital-Intro.unr (whatever map that is) ... to switch back open up your UnrealTournament.ini (in your System folder), look out for this line (at the very beginning): LocalMap=Requital-Intro.unr and change it to e.g. this: LocalMap=JBCredits.unr ...

Nahand
2nd Jan 2004, 09:17 AM
Ehrm... thanks for help.
Thing is: that map is there on purpose because i placed it there.
While i had other installs, i had the ChaosUT start map, so it's not the start map that is a problem (i think).

I've tried to place city intro back and error persists... :(

Rob
2nd Jan 2004, 09:33 AM
Can't find file for package 'Cannon'
You seem to miss the Cannon.umx, an official music file.

Sexmachine
2nd Jan 2004, 10:02 AM
Sounds like you have multiple files named 'cannon.blah' in your UT subdirectories and the prob is UT does not care about file extensions.

Nahand
2nd Jan 2004, 10:35 AM
You seem to miss the Cannon.umx, an official music file.

I have it installed. I even copied it from UT disk replacing the original. I thought of that too. No good.

SexMachine: i'm at work now, so i'll try and search for SEVERAL Cannon files at UT directory. Should i delete all except Cannon.umx ?

Sexmachine
2nd Jan 2004, 12:20 PM
Get rid of all connon.blah files besides the one that is needed by your INTRO map (there is a 90% chance that the needed one is the canon.umx file as thats a very common one) ... be aware of the fact that the MOD/Mutator that brought you the other canon.blah files will fail to work afterwards.

Nahand
2nd Jan 2004, 01:22 PM
Guess what...

I did a search and still i had only Cannon.umx in UT (i kinda expected that).
So i searched UT.ini and in Core.Engine (i think) the path to Music folder was not there. I guess the UMOD was faulty or something and deleted the path. I copied/pasted it and voilá!

Thanks to Rob and SexM for the help, that avoided me a new (yet another) UT install. ;) :tup:

Sexmachine
3rd Jan 2004, 07:40 AM
So i searched UT.ini and in Core.Engine (i think) the path to Music folder was not thereThat would have been my next guess ;) - glad you are back :D