my first DM map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
screenshots

Attachments

• zen01.jpg
    zen01.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73
  • zen02.jpg
    zen02.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 57
  • zen03.jpg
    zen03.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 56
  • zen04.jpg
    zen04.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

SeeD_already_in_use

Dizzay in teh w00ds
May 29, 2002
Close to The Edge
Yes, it's pretty good.
Large map, lotsa rooms, space to move around but it's not gigantic, it's okay :) The gameplay is good, at first I thought the rocket launcher spot would be better if it had a shield belt but then I saw the secondary entrance that leads to the RL :\ Other than that I thought the item placement was kewl.
I found some texture misalignments but nothing special, mostly trims and pipes, and considering how hard it is to align curvy pipes @ UnrealEd.. forget it :)
Good map overall but could have more life, sounds and special thingies to spice it up. Why don't you had a nali @ the damage amp spot, at the window, so that everytime the player gets the damage amp a trigger makes the nali scream so it'll broadcast the item being caught by someone? Pretty stupid but it'd had something special to the map :D

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
thanks for the feedback Seed :)
the map was actually done awhile back, but the Map Scale tool gave me some major BSP problems and wouldn't let me use movers either
I'm glad the flow/gameplay and item placement turned out desent, my first time doing that stuff

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
hey Seed just out of curiosity how were your FPS?
mine dropped in the room with the pulse and the 2 large open areas with the minigun and ripper

Last edited:

SeeD_already_in_use

Dizzay in teh w00ds
May 29, 2002
Close to The Edge
They were pretty good even though my graph board is total dog crap. It's a geforce fx 5200 and it totally s0x at every single game, even "old" ones like UT and Quake3, etc. I have to play with 800x660 res. because on 1024*768 and beyond the mouse also gets huge latency and it's unplayable.
The FPS were around 50, on the zones u mentioned it got to 35/40 min. But it's normal @ my rig, don't worry. My UT stupidly gets very laggy when facing translucent textures.. dunno why. Might be the crap graph board :O

Anyways, working on anything new?

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
just thought I mention that reuploaded a slightly improved version of my map
no more invisible floor, no more bumping your head on the light fixtures, fixed an area where the bots got stuck, added 2 more player starts, fixed 2 BSP holes, but now I got 2 more that I couldn't get rid of