Display Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
It's kind of strange, but almost every other boot from my computer the display is screwed up with white, vertical lines going down the Windows XP boot screen. Some times those lines are filled with $ signs. To get rid of it, I normally have to hold down the power button and then boot up again and keep on trying that until I get it right. I have a refurbished Dell monitor, but I'm more guessing that it could be the video card, because right now the display is just fine, and I keep the monitor on when I shut down and reboot again.

The attached image isn't my boot screen, just an example of what it looks like.

Specs: Windows XP, P4 2.8GHz, 1GB of RAM, 80GB Seagate 7200RPM, GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 128MB (latest drivers), Creative Audigy 5.1, Dell E773c 17" monitor (refurbished).

Everything is at their latest in drivers and critical updates.

In advance, thanks for anyone trying to help me with this. This is an incredibly annoying problem.

Attachments

• bootscreen.jpg
    bootscreen.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
Is your video card overclocked? Try holding Ctrl down as your computer boots, and hold it until windows starts. If none of those fix it, you'll probably need a new video card.