Best Albums 03

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
since the year is almost over and we don't really expect any new releases till 04 we can post our favourite albums

in no particular order:
outkast - speakerboxxx I really really hat admitting to like a well kown rab duo... but these two guys simply rock.
david bowie - reality - meh... I am a bowie whore... but this album is good... I think heathen is still a tad better ;) ...
ärzte - geräusch - german band... infact THE BEST BAND ON OUR WORLD! :)
grandaddy - sumday - mx is keen on telling you why they rock ;)
ed harcourt - from every sphere - lovely album... infact everybody should listen to it :)
m83 - dead cities, red seas, lost ghosts - lovely... in an electronic kind of way.. probably a pain in the ass to listen to for 99% of all forumers here
ellen allien - berlinette - localpatriotism at its best... not really... good dj, good album... I really enjoy artists who can breath some new senses into stale genres like techno. She often plays here in berlin... I really have to see her live once
marilyn manson - golden age of the grotesque - weaker than his former albums but still solid and nowhere near st. anger crap ;)
ohgr - welt - ****, I am listening to way too muc electro... nebel knows this one. basically ohgr represents 50% of the still living former skinny puppy memebers.
blur - think tank well... blur + fatboy slim = good, actually I didnt expect this album to be good

I could probably go on like this for at least 5 more albums but I guess I should stop now before no one even bothers reading my long list.

edit: vb says too many smileys...

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
B0000CDLA7.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000C7GG2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000095JX6.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00009AHN2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00006J3L1.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000DD997.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

probably

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
Balton said:
ohgr - welt - ****, I am listening to way too muc electro... nebel knows this one. basically ohgr represents 50% of the still living former skinny puppy memebers.
Welt came out two years ago, Skinny Puppy has reformed and is soon to release a new album, the proper term is "Industrial," and you can never have too much of a good thing.

Nebel

Aloof
Apr 28, 2001
Around
Razed in Black - Damaged
ohGr - Sunnypsyop
Audioslave - Audioslave
Paul Van Dyk - Global

That's it.

Last edited:

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
In alphabetical order:

Blur - Think Tank: Like Balton, I expected this one to be, err, not that good (exactly because Fatboy was working on it) but it turned out to be very enjoyable.
Grandaddy - Sumday: It's never quite as varied as Under The Western Freeway, and it never reaches The Sophtware Slump's heights either, but their new album still has its excellent moments.
Matmos - The Civil War: Nicely wacky, but definitely more than just a gimmick record, even though that's what one might expect it to be, as it's an experimental mix of electronica and medieval instruments.
Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People: Their best album so far. Very beautiful and quiet for the most part; still featuring a goosebumps-inducing crescendo on the album's centerpiece, Ratts Of The Capital.
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief:Not their most coherent album, but a great, varied collection of tunes. Actually, still my favourite record of the year.
Super Furry Animals - Phantom Power: A very playful, decent album; like Grandaddy's album, it ain't their most ambitious and/or original album so far, but it's of great quality nontheless.

Records that I have yet to listen to but that should be very good:

Do Make Say Think - Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn
Four Tet - Rounds
M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas, Lost Ghosts
Manitoba - Up In Flames
Pluramon - Dreams Top Rock

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Nebel said:
Welt came out two years ago, Skinny Puppy has reformed and is soon to release a new album, the proper term is "Industrial," and you can never have too much of a good thing.

you are right, however, I like sunnypsyop and welt equally so bite me :p

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Darth_Weasle : I just bought Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation... good album, a bit of a mixed bag but some songs are great ( especially Bullet Theory. ) I saw FFAF live supporting Iron Maiden; they played a couple of gigs in my town a while back before they were so big, but I missed them.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Elephant (White Stripes), Absolution(Muse), and Hail To The Thief(Radiohead).

Think Tank was ok, but didn't really do it for me. And quite why everyone is getting orgasmic about The Darkness is beyond my comprehension :)

Last edited: