Another "Zundy's new toys" thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Well I've had my C&R FFL for some time and haven't used it ... until now.

I found a VZ-24 (Czech version of M98 Mauser) for under $100 and it should be here the beginning of next week :D

Now I gotta stock up on 8mm (hope I can find a good deal on the non-corrosive stuff)

Last edited:

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
Zund- Very nice. I've always been a fan of the Czech made Mausers.

I would'nt pass up the deals on the swarms of "corrosive" 7.92mm fodder, as much of it shoots beautifully. I had the chance to run some through a friend's MG 08. WW2 vintage German SS ball, and a 1918 vintage Maxim. All I needed was a Pikelhauben..

Seriously, I've been firing "corrosive" .303, 9X19. .45ACP, and other munitions for a LONG time. The secret? Boiling water, and some mild soap. While the bore is still hot from the final rinse, dry with patches, then apply a good coating of something like CLP.

Anyhow, have fun with your VZ.

Meplat-

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Thumbs up zundy. I was thinking when I get a bit older and find myself a steady job I could start a collection of aged weapons. And one day hope that I can get some kind of licence to have some older firearms.

Untill then, this is all I have:
model20.jpg

A diana model 20 'break shot' air powered rifle. It fires .117 cals.

I'm happy with it for the moment, but your 'toys' make me jealous.

Meplat

Chock full-o-useless information
Dec 7, 2003
Phoenix,Arizona
Rostam-Don't knock that RWS. I know a LOT of very serious firearms owners who keep an air rifle around for "pest control" (or so they claim.)

Meplat-