Mouse lag

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rstokc

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I've been playing UT on my tnt2ultra fine for weeks. Now, I've got this mouse lag problem. It shows in the UT desktop and in the game. (single and multiplayer). The mouse pointer moves where you want it to, it just glides there slowly. The only things that changed were: swapped DIMMs (don't think this is it.); changed from 3.53 drivers to 3.68 (changed back with no effect); tried the new d3ddrv file (changed it back to with no effect.) I've tried to put the system back in the same condition it was in, but I can't fix it. The problem disappears if I go to a window and doesn't appear in other games like Q3. Maybe a D3D problem? Help!

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
did you just re-install the old drivers, or did you first completely remove the new ones, then install the old ones?
BTW, I got a weird mouse prolem, it stopped working. UT kept running, I could use the keyboard fine, but the mouse did nothing. It killed the mouse in windows too. It only happened once, so I think my USB hub might have farted, but it was still weird.

bullet2.gif

"Who's up for the donkey show and some unholy butt sex?!" -- Lloyd Kaufman

Space Cruz

Dec 29, 1999
Baton Rouge, La, USA
Visit site
Not sure if it's only a detonator problem. I've got the same problem occassionally with my ATI 128 card. It was really bad for a while-- unfortunately it seems to get worse as time goes on-- but I downloaded the new drivers and figured I'd fixed it. Came back sometime last week, and now it just comes and goes, particularly when there's a lot going on on the menu board (I know, sounds stupid, huh?) Either way, I think it's file corruption as others have said a clean install fixed it-- something I wouldn't try after all the initial problems I had.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
This exact thing happens to me using Software Rendering, although it doesn't really bother me that much.

Try an Alt-Tab out of UT back to the Windows desktop and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task List. There should be 2 UT's listed - one says "Unreal Tournament" and the other says "unrealtournament". End the one that's all one word and Alt-Tab back in to UT. Any better?

bullet2.gif

My night is coloured headache grey. Don't wake me with so much.

rstokc

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Thanks Zaccix, I'll give that a try. During lunch I completely cleaned out the NVidia drivers and reinstalled both th 3.53 and dx7A. Didn't help. I did change the mouse sensitivity form 3 to 5 and this offsets some of the lag. I switched to software mode and to OpenGL, and the problem disappeared. It returned when I switched back to D3D.

Ultraman

Jan 19, 2000
S.C., usa
Visit site
I have the same mouse problem. It locks up when im online but not ofline. Other games like Teamfortress halflife hardly ever lock. I think because the programing is different for each game. please tell the makers of Ut to help us

[This message has been edited by Ultraman (edited 01-23-2000).]

rstokc

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I found one other game that is now experiencing the mouse lag problem. Wheel of Time. Of course, it's based on the UT engine, so that's not too surprising. I tried Zaccix idea and adjusting Mouse GUI. The first didn't help and the second made things worse. When you already have poor mouse control, speeding the cursor up makes it almost unmanageable. I played the single player tournament for several hours and have almost adjusted to the lag, but I still don't like it. Since it doesn't show up in any other D3D games, it has to be something in the UT engine.

R

Ripley

What kind of mice are you guys using? Mine is a Logitech Cordless. I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I've got a CL Geforce DDR running on a Cel366@600. Overclocked, underclocked, diff. Geforce drv revisions (now using 368), diff versions of Logitech Mouseware (now using 862), Logitech wheel fix, nothing fixed this problem that sometimes, more often than not actually, rears it's ugly head ...

Dark_Wizard

Dec 22, 1999
New York
Visit site
Hello, this is a known problem with the TNT2 chipset, please read this from Epic's site:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
*Some users are experiencing "mouse lag" with the TNT/TNT2 drivers, where there is a 1-2 second delay between moving your mouse and seeing the game respond. We are waiting for NVidia to address this issue and release an updated driver.
</UL>
This issue is driver related, I have a Geoforce and getting some minor mouse lag as well as system lockups and reboots. Epic and Nvidia need to get their act together!

[This message has been edited by Dark_Wizard (edited 02-14-2000).]