Careful running ad-aware

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisiboUT

Dec 22, 2003
I ran Ad-Aware last night and one of the files caught my eye. "PeopleOnPage" was the vendor and it was located at "C:\u2xmp\system\libexpat.dll". I noticed that was a file that it was missing awhile ago (When it ran XMP said it was missing the file but it still worked, so I reinstalled anyway). So be careful when running Ad-aware or anything like it. Obviosly I didn't remove it but I figured I would warn y'all.

InvisiboUT

Dec 22, 2003
Since it's an official add-on I would assume it isn't adware. Most likely PeopleOnPage installs a file with the exact name on your computer if you get it, and since Ad-aware looks for spyware and adware by the name of the file itself (I'm assuming it doesn't look at the coding?) it will see "libexpat.dll" and assume "Oh thats registered under PeopleOnPage, OK it must be adware, queue it for quarantine, move on." Anyway that's what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.