UEd2 crashing out of the blue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

}{ero /\/\ata

Mecha-Master
Jul 8, 2002
....a big fish o.o?
Visit site
my UEd2 just started crashing when i ran it this afternoon & tried to see if reinstalling the last patch would help, but it doesn't . this is what i get when i try to run UEd2

General protection fault!

History: WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <-PerformCreateWindowEx <-WRichEdit::OpenWindow <-WCoreFrame::OnCreate <-WM_CREATE <-WWindow::WndProc <-WWindow::StaticProc<-PerformCreateWindowEx <-WCodeFrame::OpenWindow

what does that mean? & how do i stop it from happening :( :( :(

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
i get the same problems with my Ued2, cept mine are a bit worse. sometiems it delete parts of the map and pisses me off, other times it doesnt work right and screws up everything. the only thing that i found works whenever that hapened to me (your problem ) was one of two things : 1, run ut from safe mode and reset all thru that, or 2, find the reset thingy in the system folder (default thingy) and use it.

that still doesnt help me with when the editor gets bitchy on my levels and kills most of it :(