Feeling "blue"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Does anyone have any experience with hair coloring? I'm trying to dye my hair blue, but my attempt was a miserable failier...

My hair is naturally very dark brown and I usually bleach it, I bleached it about 2 weeks ago and then bleached it again this morning leaving it light ginger, then a few hours later used blue dye. I followed the instructions but my hair is now just darker than before I dyed it; it's definatly not what you would call "blue", although my scalp is. Anyone have any ideas why? Could it have been that I dyed my hair so soon after I bleached it?

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
its possible that the bleach still resided in your hair and when you died it ... oh, dyed... well anyway when you colored it the bleach may have bleached out hte color, and your hair collected protiends and returned your colors + fortification of the dye. ur usually not supposed to bleach your hair before you dye because it can damage the hair , i think :rolleyes: , but try dyeing your hair again with out bleach. if it doent work bleach the hell out of your hair until its white, eat a sandwich, lay off the saltine crackers, wait a few days, and try one more time to die, dye.

lol

best of luck to you and hapy holidays.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Yeah...that's possible. But the dye said it was suitable for use with lightened hair. It didn't say anything about leaving it a while after bleaching. Maybe I should ask a hairdresser...

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
i mean like if you bleach give it a while to remove your bleach. rinse your hair out too
then after a day or two once all htat bleach is gone then dye

ill ask my mom hold on.

she says bleach your hair and wear like a plastic bag on yor hair for about an hour to cool it down, then try it. dont do too much to your hair or you will killl it. if you are un used to home bleaching see a professional aobut it. ill look up information on home bleaching online some time

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Frostblood said:
Yeah...that's possible. But the dye said it was suitable for use with lightened hair. It didn't say anything about leaving it a while after bleaching. Maybe I should ask a hairdresser...
I dont know what kind of hair dye you've used but try washing it consequently and then dry it with an airblower. back when I used to colour my hair I had this stuff that had to oxide a bit to gain its full colour.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
i hae very dark brown hair as well, and my one dyeing (sp?) experiment was a formidable gaff. i think we're cursed to dying it black, or waiting for it to turn gray, then dyeing it brown again

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Bleach does weird stuff to your hair. I used to bleach my hair white, and I made the mistake of going swimming in a pool and it went greenish :/

If you're hell bent on making it go blue, wait until all your bleached hair has grown out. Or get it done professionally.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
on a 2nd thought. frosty, maybe you want to go out and buy some henna. colour your hair red. works well with bleached hair.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Balton said:
on a 2nd thought. frosty, maybe you want to go out and buy some henna. colour your hair red. works well with bleached hair.

I'd prefer blue but that's another option...good idea.

Ulukai said:
Bleach does weird stuff to your hair. I used to bleach my hair white, and I made the mistake of going swimming in a pool and it went greenish :/

lol. Someone with dark hair I know bleached their hair white, they had to use three packs of bleach in a row and they burnt their scalp :D

BangOut said:
i hae very dark brown hair as well, and my one dyeing (sp?) experiment was a formidable gaff. i think we're cursed to dying it black, or waiting for it to turn gray, then dyeing it brown again

Dying it black wouldn't have much effect, my hair is almost black naturally. Bleaching works well, if you don't mind ginger hair. I don't but some people seem to find it hilarious that I'd "choose to be ginger". ;)

Balton said:
I dont know what kind of hair dye you've used but try washing it consequently and then dry it with an airblower. back when I used to colour my hair I had this stuff that had to oxide a bit to gain its full colour.

Now it's dried off it does look a bit blue if you look at it from certain angles...but not really.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
same thing happened to me. I tried dyeing my hair blue once and just the scalp turned blue... it was a bummer. I have dark hair naturally as well and about the only thing I can do to it is put highlights in it.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Ulukai said:
This is probably nature's way of saying Blue Hair = No

But I want to look like an anime character ... breast implants arn't an option, and I'm not paying for a giant sword, so this is the only way ;)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Frostblood said:
But I want to look like an anime character ... breast implants arn't an option, and I'm not paying for a giant sword, so this is the only way ;)

dye your hair pitch black and get some fashy suit with littles crosses as buttons, wolfwood style, blue hair ala sailor neptun(whoever had the bluehair) is NOT cool in an anime like way!