And then, the last tear from the last flower fell, and yea, it was...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
http://www.themaskisback.com/

The Mask ... is back. The Mask 2. It's no joke. There's even trailers for it. For the love of god, of all the bad movies ever made that might have a sequel, this was most definately, more than most definately, NOT a movie to be given a sequel. Seriously...who sold their soul to what lesser demon to get this piece made? Who gave up their firstborn for the next seven generations to have this happen? Even another Star Trek sequel would be more worthwhile than this.

There isn't a breath of creativity left in the big movie studios, it's all gone. Every story has been told and retold. I miss going into a theater and seeing something totally new. Seeing The Lord of the Rings was absolutely awesome, but (as I'm guessing many of you know...well...maybe some of you are old enough to know) the books had already told the story. The Matrix was fine as one movie, but since it sold well, they continued the contrived situations for the as usual poorly acting Reeves to perform in. Garfield the movie, anyone? Rehashing old things is nothing new, but The Mask 2 just marks a whole new low.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
And that's how Keganator discovered that movies that work well and have a large audience usually have sequels....

Seriously, Keg, what exactly is new in what you're saying, except that this time it happens to be the sequel of a movie you dislike ? The whole "creativity is gone" thing is old and false. Well before movies existed, there were already books, with, OMFG, sequels to stories too :eek: The shock ! The horror !

No offense, but you really sounds like a 80-year old grandpa who says "things aren't what they used to be" to kids who roll eyes and giggle then, 70 years later, say "things aren't they used to be". :D

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
/me dons his 80 year old grandpa outfit

Damn you kids! Do something new! Down with sequels! Back in my day, we got a cat and a bag of onions for a nickel! The onions were tied to our belts, which was the STYLE at the time. Now, back to the nickel. In those days, nickels had pictures of BUMBLEBEES on them. Gimme five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now, where were we. Oh yes! The important thing was I had a onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. ...

Come on. It's The Mask. Even making a sequel to Tomb Raider 2 would be better...and that thing was a piece of crap. If they're going to make a sequel to a movie, why not something even remotely better and more interesting, like the horrible Battlefield Earth or the even worse Wing Commander the Movie? Why not make a sequel to damn near any other movie? The Mask is ancient gratefully forgotten history. Digging something like that up to make a sequel is by far is one of the worst decisions anyone anywhere has ever made.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
I take it you don't like The Mask. The first one was not that bad. Do you think a sequel to a good movie is better? Would you like a sequel to Casablanca? ;)

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
That trailer was shown at a lot of theaters my friends went to when they saw ROTK, including my own. At most showings, I am told, people started booing after that trailer.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Keganator said:
http://www.themaskisback.com/

The Mask ... is back. The Mask 2. It's no joke. There's even trailers for it. For the love of god, of all the bad movies ever made that might have a sequel, this was most definately, more than most definately, NOT a movie to be given a sequel. Seriously...who sold their soul to what lesser demon to get this piece made? Who gave up their firstborn for the next seven generations to have this happen? Even another Star Trek sequel would be more worthwhile than this.

There isn't a breath of creativity left in the big movie studios, it's all gone. Every story has been told and retold. I miss going into a theater and seeing something totally new. Seeing The Lord of the Rings was absolutely awesome, but (as I'm guessing many of you know...well...maybe some of you are old enough to know) the books had already told the story. The Matrix was fine as one movie, but since it sold well, they continued the contrived situations for the as usual poorly acting Reeves to perform in. Garfield the movie, anyone? Rehashing old things is nothing new, but The Mask 2 just marks a whole new low.

:nag:

;)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
**** a pig that is going to be a bad film.

Generally when people start up with the nostalgia... the first time I ever saw a banana... I generally come back with this schpiel about how if you look at a period of time in retrospect what you're really seeing if like a core-sample that been sifted and sorted and how you're seeing all the good stuff that's been put to one side and how there's this bucket of crappy stuff everyone is forgeting about.

I think, in light of them making a Mask sequel, I am wrong.

stoned_jedi

Ethically Challenged
Mar 4, 2002
Taunton
www.inforcers.net
im personally going to hunt all hollywood ****s down and introduce them to the buisness end of a chainsaw, Babies with superpowers god, whats next Maybe if i dumped enough LSD into the hollywood drinking water supply they might have origional ideas

could be worse could be a sequal to titanic or better yet a sequal to from dusk till dawn, god that would suck

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I guess this would be a bad time to mention that there have been 2 sequels to 'From Dusk till dawn' ?
Or that 'The Mask' was perhaps the only movie by ol' stretch-face that was any fun to watch ? (hell ... if you think that Reeves was bad ... Carry's antics were even worse as each movie was just another excuse for him to behave like a moron IMHO)

... I am utterly speechless and disgustipated.

council.jpg

:tdown:

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Keganator said:
or the even worse Wing Commander the Movie?

That reminds me of something. Wing Commander wasn't the best movie I've seen, but it was a good deal better than Starship Troopers. Why? Because of only one scene, the scene where frenchy threatens to throw the cadet out the airlock if he ever disobeys the set directives again while on bridge watch. In Starship Troopers you just get a medal for going off-course without leave, ramming asteroids with the fire control tower :rolleyes:

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
Nightmare said:
That reminds me of something. Wing Commander wasn't the best movie I've seen, but it was a good deal better than Starship Troopers. Why? Because of only one scene, the scene where frenchy threatens to throw the cadet out the airlock if he ever disobeys the set directives again while on bridge watch. In Starship Troopers you just get a medal for going off-course without leave, ramming asteroids with the fire control tower :rolleyes:

Read the book. You'll be pleasently surprised that beyond a few key phraises,
the movie and the book are completely unrelated. Such a shame that no one is
allowed to do a proper conversion of that novel as the rights have been
squandered on that garbage. I wonder if they ever read the actuall book...

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
beerbaron said:
... I am utterly speechless and disgustipated.

*funny Elrond image*

:tdown:

I demand details..... Speechelss about the Mask 2 or about keg's rant ? :p Switch your iff on Beeb, i'd like to avoid friendly fire incidents as much as possible :)