Trouble with new maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slabjacker

Dec 22, 2003
I've recently downloaded DM-Aristocracy & DM-Highlander for UT2K3. I've followed the instructions in the txt file as to where the individual files go but when I load the game, neither map appears in the main menu. What am I doing wrong?

Slabjacker

Dec 22, 2003
Thanks for the reply. I've gone through the entire list of maps (DM to BR) and neither appear in the list. I re-applied the files to the correct locations and they appear in the Maps folder so I'm not sure what I've missed but they're not there.

Any other suggestions?

Slabjacker

Dec 22, 2003
Yes, twice now. When I look in the maps and textures folder, the files are there. When I load the game, the maps don't appear in the list.

I haven't downloaded any upgrades or patches, if there are any. Could that be the difference? :eek:

Drakken_Mordith

Jun 12, 2001
Toronto
www.virtualascension.com
There's an option for map authors to hide their map from the menu system. It may be that they've been set to 'TRUE'. You can check the map out however, by going to the console (tab key) and typing the following: open DM-Aristocracy

If the map loads up, then what I mentioned is the problem. If it doesn't, then something else is amiss.

-Drak.

Slabjacker

Dec 22, 2003
Tried that. No luck. In fact, when I did it with the other map (DM-Highlander) the whole game crashed. Thanks for the suggestion but I'm still at a loss. Did an uninstall and reinstall with no luck either.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
what was the error the game gave and what did the log say at that moment (unreal...tourn.log system folder)
do you happen to have a few 1000 maps or so ? might have too many
or maybe a file somewhere with the exact same name, itll colide

Slabjacker

Dec 22, 2003
No. These two new maps are the only ones I've put into the original game. Here's what happens with the crash:
UT2003 Build [2002.05.31.18.31]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2580 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:UnClass.cpp] [Line: 846]

History: UClass::Bind <- (Class DM-Highlander.banner_red1) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (banner_red1 92981) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 92981)) <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Level DM-Highlander.MyLevel 92981==92981/14612886 92041 3505) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel DM-Highlander) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Don't know if this will help anyone solve my problem but that's the error I get with DM-Highlander. Absolutely nothing happens with DM-Aristocracy.

As for unzipping to folders, I don't send the files directly to their destinations. I unzip using Win Zip classic, view the contents and then manually drop the files into the required folder. I've done a lot this this with the original UT so I'm experienced in that regard.

One other off-topic comment. I find that the gore just isn't there with UT2K3. When I frag a bot, the body just freezes and, shortly afterward, disappears. What happened to the exploding bodies that came with UT?

Rubbish_Foo

Apr 27, 2004
Aristocracy always seemed to give problems... such a shame too as the map is farking incredible. I remember some people having similar issues in 2k3... I too cannot get this map to work on my server... and it's in the list under voting... when the map is selected... it just goes to the next map in rotation... hmmm... dunno.