PDA

View Full Version : feature request for the next 2d version

master_newbie
22nd Dec 2003, 02:54 AM
I think we should make a list if things we want to see in future 2d versions

then k0lpa has to start coding immediately and release it asap ;)

- mutant gametype (with radar)
- working spectator mode
- fly redeemer in 2d
- fix animations (sometimes you see people walking backwards and shooting from their back etc.)
- radar for invasion
- (show 2d games in the serverbrowser under normal gametypes)
- reenable adrenaline moves (including pint sized and camouflaged)

k0lpA
25th Dec 2003, 06:23 PM
mutant gametype shouldnt be too hard (like 3lines of code :P)
do u only see the anim bug in mp or sp too ?

ill get to work on it as soon as I get a ut2k3 blue cd.. I formated my pc and it wont work anymore :|

master_newbie
25th Dec 2003, 06:28 PM
dont know about the animation bug in sp, I never play against bots :B

thanks for adding features to 2d :-)

the bombing run radar does not work as well, I hope you can fix it too :-)

master_newbie
27th Dec 2003, 03:20 AM
in the webadmin you can not add/remove maps from the mapcycle (it does not show the 2d maps)

it would be great to have the 2d mod as a mutator as well, that way you could play every mod in 2d :-)

k0lpA
27th Dec 2003, 02:10 PM
Im not sure 2DT could be a mutator because if it was, u would be able to play in normal 3D maps which is stupid ;)

master_newbie
27th Dec 2003, 02:59 PM
yes but it would be fun to play mods like red orchestra or frag ops in 2d :-)

another bug I noticed is the ion painter does not switch back to another weapon after you shoot it :eek:

not that important but it would be nice if it get fixed though :B

k0lpA
27th Dec 2003, 04:12 PM
strange bug :o I didnt touch the weapons.. and ill try to make it as a mutator , WWII in 2D would be funny ;)

master_newbie
27th Dec 2003, 04:28 PM
cool :)

another bug is when you open the scoreboard your crosshairs freeze at their current position :eek:

have you found your ut2003 cd's yet ? :p

NeoNight
28th Dec 2003, 01:05 AM
lol 2d frag ops lol but how the heck would that work?.... um there is no animation problems in single player though

FreakinMeany
28th Dec 2003, 02:54 PM
I also have a few wish-list items :)
The bots still seem to be 100% accurate with weapons like the shock rifle.

It'd be cool to fly the redeemer around, but instead of looking through the redeemer's eye, you could just maintain the regular 2D view and fly the thing around moving the mouse up and down - up would cause the deemer to rotate up and eventually around and down would cause it to rotate down and around the other direction.
Is there a way to make the bots work smarter in the mod or is it a matter of bot-pathing by the map's author?

k0lpA
28th Dec 2003, 03:16 PM
I think maybe there could be a way to make 2DT a mutator, 2DT needs his playercontroller like every other mods but Ill try something... not sure itll work tho..

yup, the bots are 100% acurate with instant-hit weapons and yup that sucks lol, cause the bots "aim error" in ut2k3 is "left/right" they always aim at the good height, I can change this tho

deemer : cool idea ;) ill try, shouldnt be too hard

there doesnt seems to be a good bot "jumping to get on someting higher" path in ut2k3.. or maybe they just dont know that they can jump higher.. Ill try to find something or make something ;)

btw guys , I think u didnt know about the 2D-3D movements that were possible in 2DT eh ? it was like changing the 2D path.. but it was buggy and I think ill remove it..

also, my lazy friend who have a blue cd forgot to bring it here when he came last day.. blame him :P

master_newbie
28th Dec 2003, 03:24 PM
there doesnt seems to be a good bot "jumping to get on someting higher" path in ut2k3.. or maybe they just dont know that they can jump higher.. Ill try to find something or make something ;)

btw guys , I think u didnt know about the 2D-3D movements that were possible in 2DT eh ? it was like changing the 2D path.. but it was buggy and I think ill remove it..

also, my lazy friend who have a blue cd forgot to bring it here when he came last day.. blame him :P

I hope you fix the bots, I finally figured out to make bot paths but they dont jump high enough in certain places

what 2D-3D movement ?

NeoNight
29th Dec 2003, 08:00 PM
is that like pressing up and it'' make you run into the back ground or something lol, like in some 2d games where you press up to go into a building or something and you see your character look like he is running into the background.

k0lpA
30th Dec 2003, 12:13 AM
nop it was like u continue to press right and ur 3D 2D direction change :O

NeoNight
30th Dec 2003, 12:56 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh I gotcha
so like your character turns around even like he was in 3d but you still move in 2d or something right?

FreakinMeany
30th Dec 2003, 10:39 AM
Wow - that sounds interesting (the changing direction thing)

For the bot pathing, you can get the bots to jump up/down but it takes a lot of precision nodes from what I understand. The trick is that they have to be able to see the node on the ledge.

Which makes me wonder - what about the translocator? Does it function in 2DT? I never tried! lol

master_newbie
30th Dec 2003, 10:42 AM
it works but you can not telefrag people with it :B

NeoNight
5th Jan 2004, 04:27 PM
Oh hey I had a crazy idea I wonder if it'll work in ut2k3 for the 2d mod. I was wondering if itís possible to limit the range of the projectiles. Like bots and human players can only shoot a certain distance. That would help stop bots from shooting and killing you all the way on the other side of the map. I mean it makes sense for long range weapons like the lighting gun but it sucks for weapons like the shock rifle.

k0lpA
5th Jan 2004, 05:18 PM
yup (easy for projetile weapons, a little tougher for instant-hit), ill make it ;) less spam, even for players...
freakin B : cool , does it work even if the ledge is really high ? like that u would be able to jump up there in normal ut2k3 ?
I just got ut2k3 installed, I need to dl the patches and the epic bp... after that : OMG

also : I need to play some 2DT in MP :O

FreakinMeany
5th Jan 2004, 07:54 PM
freakin B : cool , does it work even if the ledge is really high ? like that u would be able to jump up there in normal ut2k3 ?
I just got ut2k3 installed, I need to dl the patches and the epic bp... after that : OMG

also : I need to play some 2DT in MP :O

I regularly start up a 2DT server - just check the servers anytime you hop on :)

As for the bots, it depends. From what I understand, bots as they are in UT2k3 won't do double jumps or hammer jumps to get to high places. It may work if it's low enough for a single jump. Bots can use the translocator though, and if they can see the node, they'll go there if.

My PC just can't handle the game/editor very well (I play on my Mac), or I'd spend time experimenting with the botpathing a bit :)

NeoNight
5th Jan 2004, 11:32 PM
hmm how about that super bots mutator I never tried it with 2dT wonder if it'll make a difference?... in any case YaY k0lpA
is back in action :D

FreakinMeany
6th Jan 2004, 12:01 PM
I thought about trying that too. Would be interesting to see what happens.

master_newbie
19th Jan 2004, 07:58 AM
have you already started working on a new 2d version k0lpa ?? :-)

:fluffle:

k0lpA
19th Jan 2004, 08:25 AM
yup, but im working slowly...

master_newbie
20th Jan 2004, 11:38 AM
ok and what have you done so far ?

any bugs fixed or features added already ? :-)

FreakinMeany
20th Jan 2004, 08:49 PM
New feature request :)

Taking screengrabs of 2D maps is *painful*.

In the waiting for players mode (where you can just roam around the map), the controls are all wacky. Up doesn't equal up, down doesn't go down, who knows where left and right will take you -- especially when you move the mouse.

It'd be nice if the arrow keys were "hard-coded" to be different during the waiting for players time. Up and down would pan up and down the map and left and right pan left and right. Moving the mouse forward could zoom in and moving it backwards could zoom out.

I know this may sound like a silly request, but it would save me a lot of frustration when I'm adding new maps to Mapraider and want to take some decent screenshots :)

master_newbie
21st Jan 2004, 04:15 AM
nice request

I want that too :-)

master_newbie
8th Feb 2004, 09:40 AM
when the rockets lock onto a player the 4 red dots should appear around the crosshair

onslaught and assault support in ut2004 :-)

master_newbie
22nd Feb 2004, 04:16 AM
it crashes a lot in Invasion :(

this needs to be fixed

master_newbie
22nd Feb 2004, 09:35 AM
seems to crash whenever all players are dead in invasion

this is from the log:

Warning: k0lpA_2D_Player 2DDM-Corr.k0lpA_2D_Player (Function Engine.PlayerController.PlayerCalcView:00EF) Accessed None
Warning: k0lpA_2D_Player 2DDM-Corr.k0lpA_2D_Player (Function Engine.PlayerController.PlayerCalcView:012A) Accessed None
Critical: Assertion failed: Viewer [File:UnLevTic.cpp] [Line: 987]

ssj4
23rd Feb 2004, 08:24 AM
ahhh... it looks like k0lpa's given up.

master_newbie
23rd Feb 2004, 02:48 PM
why ? :hmm:

FreakinMeany
24th Feb 2004, 03:13 PM
I sure the hell hope not :)

Hey Master_Newbie - can I put a link to your 2D server on the official 2DT site? And would you be willing to put some bots in there? It gets boring running arund by yourself when waiting for someone to joing :D

master_newbie
25th Feb 2004, 11:49 AM
I sure the hell hope not :)

Hey Master_Newbie - can I put a link to your 2D server on the official 2DT site? And would you be willing to put some bots in there? It gets boring running arund by yourself when waiting for someone to joing :D

yes you can :-)

to enable bots I would have to disable the stats, but I will do it for you :fluffle:

ssj4
27th Feb 2004, 03:19 AM
why ? :hmm:
because we havnt heard from him in the 2dt development forum and even in this topic for a bit of a short while now.

NeoNight
27th Feb 2004, 03:03 PM
Well he did say he was working on the newest version slowly (i.e. he was shying his way away from the project probably because he doesn't feel like coding for 2dt anymore) In short kolpa doesn't wuv us any more *cries*. lol

TheBladeRoden
27th Feb 2004, 11:08 PM
Nooo! I promise I'll make maps if it gets ported to Ut2004!

FreakinMeany
9th Mar 2004, 01:18 PM
yes you can :-)

to enable bots I would have to disable the stats, but I will do it for you :fluffle:

Yay! Done.

FreakinMeany
9th Mar 2004, 01:18 PM
rofl

Yes, I'm starting to feel very sad - nothing from Kolpa in quite a while...

O.S.T
9th Mar 2004, 06:06 PM
I WANT AN ALL ON ONE MODE
(like mutant,but the mutant should be stronger and the others can't kill each other,they can just kill the mutant)

NeoNight
10th Mar 2004, 07:35 PM
We just wanna hear from kolpa maybe hes working on a side project? or was kidnaped by ninja frogs!

k0lpA
13th Mar 2004, 02:10 PM
oh ! damn, still lota peeps posting here :o In fact I stopped working on 2DT... I dont mod any UT stuff anymore... Im working on a 2D Shooter with the same control as 2DT made with DirectDraw now. If you guys find someone who would want to work on 2DTs coding , contact me and ill help him if he needs help with my code or UT script stuff.

Should had posted this before I know :(

FreakinMeany
13th Mar 2004, 06:53 PM
Well that bites.

FreakinMeany
13th Mar 2004, 07:10 PM
Master_Newbie: Did you decide to change the 2DT server into a regular DM server? There's no 2D maps anymore :( I'm online right now and there's a remake of a quake map (and it's got some bugs)

O.S.T
14th Mar 2004, 11:49 AM
k0lp stopped to work on 2dt= :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

maybe someone knows a coder or could ask on a mod page,if someone would take k0lps mod(or maybe cogworks could take care of the mod,if they still exist :confused: )

master_newbie
15th Mar 2004, 01:30 AM
Master_Newbie: Did you decide to change the 2DT server into a regular DM server? There's no 2D maps anymore :( I'm online right now and there's a remake of a quake map (and it's got some bugs)

yeah, Ive set it back to regular DM because 2D was always empty
however you can still vote all the 2D gametypes with ut2vote, just press your scroll lock key during the game
all the maps are still there (and bots as well)

its really sad that k0lpa stopped working on 2D :-(
but at least we will have ut2004 in a few days :-)

StoneViper
20th Mar 2004, 10:34 AM
k0lp stopped to work on 2dt= :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

maybe someone knows a coder or could ask on a mod page,if someone would take k0lps mod(or maybe cogworks could take care of the mod,if they still exist :confused: )
CogWorks is done :( It lacked just about everything a mod team needs to thrive

NeoNight
21st Mar 2004, 01:16 AM
cogworks was a mod? oh well guess no 2dt2k4 :/

StoneViper
21st Mar 2004, 10:01 AM
CogWorks used to be Beyond Unreal's own mod team, then we changed our name to CogWorks before we released BuF Bonus Pack 1