XMP = Z in 3D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatonka

Sailor Duck
Dec 14, 2003
Austria
XMP always reminded me of some other game I once played, but it never entered my mind. Now it did. Legend just took Z (the 1996 Bitmap Brothers RTS game) and made an FPS out of it, I mean there's just too many parallels:

1. Red robots vs. blue robots, both start in their own Fortress, there's snipers, robots with rocket launchers and robots with mg's (Assault Rifle)

2. The robots can mount turrets, hop into vehicles exactly the same way in Z like in XMP.

3.Both teams need to take andvantage of deploy points and generators, which is very similar to the capture-the-sector-principle of Z. Generators allow you to deploy more defenses, use turrets and mount vehicles, in Z sector control gains you factories that produce them. Deploy points give your team a forward spawn, robot producing factories are quite the same.

so the only difference is that in Z your team wins through destroying/capturing the enemy fortress or by killing the whole other team, but apart from that, I think Legend has to at least put the Bitmap Brothers in the credits of the game, like "original idea: the bitmap brothers"
:D :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
so every vehicle/turret combat game copied Z then. Oh well, as long as it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.