..and here's the pitch..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Hi again, it's me, the resident Deathball whore.

Team Vortex has pulled off first place honors in the first round of the MSUC for mods. Needless to say, I'm excited about it, and the extra publicity is going to bring more attention to my beloved game. Anticipating that, I'm again soliciting for players to join in on a BuF squad. BuD, the original team, is back in existance and waiting to reenter the Euro ladders, but the North American side is looking a little short.

It's pretty well known already how the DB community is a little lacking in class and friendliness. Well, here's the perfect opportunity for BuF'ers to change some of that by coming in and leading by example. Nothing would tickle me more than to get a team up and running to challenge other sites as well. (pu? ina?) Besides all the fun that would be, it would make huge strides in strengthing the UT community and putting Deathball back on the path to being the fun team game it started out as.

I really think Deathball has the legs to have a good future, and I also think BuF'ers can make a difference. Join me in getting a team together and bringing the BeyondUnreal spirit to Deathball.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Scumgrief said:
Can you give us some links to infos on DeathBall, and any necessary downloads?

I don't have any DeathBall stuff installed. Can I just join a game from my server browser?

Unfortunately, you have to install it before you can browse the servers, but it's well worth it. Here's some links. Altan was so close too!

All the basics about Deathball: http://www.deathball.net/index.php?cat=info&pid=1

To join us on the BuD Server, Download Deathball 1.9: http://www.deathball.net/index.php?cat=info&pid=2
*note: Deathball requires v2225 patch of UT2003, support for Tennis subgametype requires Epic and DE bonus packs installed

You might want Gibball 2.1 as well, it's the most popular game on the server: http://www.deathball.net/index.php?cat=info&pid=2

Teamspeak 2RC2 is preferred, but not required. Hope to see you out there!

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
LO all

Happy to say, we're seeing plenty of new faces out there on the servers. Deathball is getting some attention and I'm still working to get Bu represented in the League. I've PM'ed a few people sofar and would love to hear from some more BuF'ers ready to get out there and make our presence felt in all things Unreal.

PM/Email me for more info. You can catch me on irc as well.
Quakenet: #bud.db
PGP/Progameplayer: #dbpug

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
[IsP]KaRnAgE said:
Giball link doesnt work. The Bud Server was making me try to download Excessive yesterday, and at a very slow speed. :eek:

You're right. DavidM changed the site to block outside links to his goodies. I updated the above link to goto his downloads page. Scroll down and gibball is there.

ExcessiveV2 is on there for some steam relief, it's on the stny redirect too, not sure why you're seeing a slow download.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Hey Fooman, nice first post! :tup:
Why don't you open your mind to us, say more than just \o/ !
Don't be afraid, we at BeyondUnreal™ Forums do not bite.
Um, at least, most of us don't.

Welcome to BuF™!

Fooman

Jan 6, 2004
Heh, just tryin to spread some love for Deathball. If imag is the DB whore I guess I'm the DB bitch.