Mutator Idea...PLEEEEASE will someone do this for me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cleve-ntt

random in the head.
Oct 21, 2003
Lost.
Visit site
I would really like this done, as it would be very very interesting on night maps.

Basically, all it would do is add beams to laser sights - yes, simple I know, which is why it would be nice if someone would code it for me :)

It would just be a reddish beam ( 40% -80% transparent I guess), that would move like the sight.

It would of course be infinite.

Finally, it would be cool if this was added optionally to the robar and psg1.

Thank you very much if you are willing to do this for me :):):)

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
That's not half as simple as you may think, and I don't have the time at the moment. Personally I don't like the idea - IRL you would not be able to see the beam at all with the naked eye, and it seems silly to add to the RC50 or PSG1 because it would be a straight line, and would not account for bullet drop or zeroing.

w00p

Windows at its best
A) Its not infinite
B) It's only visible in (very) dense smoke and therefor impossible (or atleast near impossible) to code.
C) What use would it have? A 'balance issue' ? Since lasers currently have NO advantage, no, guess not...
If someone had the time and engine, ok, every little detail adds up, but atm, I, as a representative as the entire community, can't see why. :p

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
I seem to remember there is a mutator already out that exists that does that. It creates a red or blue beam emmiting along the line of the gun, and it works with any gun from UT or UT mod. Damn, I remember seeing it here before, but I can't remember the name. Maybe if you search someplace like modsquad you'll find it.

cleve-ntt

random in the head.
Oct 21, 2003
Lost.
Visit site
This aint a realism mod - just think it would be fun to have it in some night matches.

Which is why I suggested it as a Mutator!!

Hope you find that thing Keg!

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I have taken a few looks. Found some but they only put a dot on an object. I know the damn thing is out there. The hunt continues.