PDA

View Full Version : Unreal II: XMP Friendly Fire Mutator

QAPete
14th Dec 2003, 04:59 PM
UnrealEd.info sent in news that one of their readers created a Friendly Fire mutator for Unreal II: XMP. Basically, it will display a message when people are victims of friendly fire, and write the appropriate info in the server log. Nice idea, considering all the time I spent jumping off servers because some goober decided go to all Rambo on his own teammates.

Ulukai
14th Dec 2003, 06:35 PM
Huzzah! Recently whilst playing a lot on the UK servers some fool called...

RENE

yes that's

RENE

...thought it was a great trick to rampage around by our own spawn point in a tank torching his own team with the flamethrower.

Assclown.

QAPete
14th Dec 2003, 07:08 PM
I just got off a server where I just got health, then my own teammate wasted me with a headshot for no apparent reason.

Lame....

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

Nurulwai
14th Dec 2003, 07:30 PM
Why not just ask the admins to turn off teamdamage?

TossMonkey
14th Dec 2003, 09:17 PM
Theres a few titheads out there who think its funny to shoot you and revive you (purposefully and repeatedly).

PF Prophet
14th Dec 2003, 11:46 PM
I FING HATE HATE TK'ERs they should have put a thing in for auto boot if you kill like 3 team mates in a row in x number of minutes

and tk'er can kill even with no team damnage use mines i got booted becouse the server admin hit my node defence mines and thought i was a tker :(

TomCat
15th Dec 2003, 11:45 AM
There has to be some kind of give and take here. I Agree there has to be a stop to purposelly being a TK'r.. But on the other hand I know that I have TK'd but not purposelly, like I would shoot a morter at a enemy and then a team mate shows up right as it lands. Boom they are both dead.. That has happened to me at least a 2 or 3 times in a game.. Then I would get booted.... There is a difference between being and Teammate killer and a Team Killer. Granted, some how the Team Killer should be banned for life, or take off Team Damage for both equipment and team mates. Some people will also destroy your stuff..

I have it guys, if you are a Team Killer and say You Kill four Team mates. Then you auto change sides. This way you become the other teams problem, or you worked for them.. Like a trader being exciled. Then if he does it to the other team then he is banned from the game... Something like that.. It just might but a spin on the game too...

PF Prophet
15th Dec 2003, 06:37 PM
teport the tk'r into the enimy base with no ammo and no shelds and 1hp then make it like 60sec b4 he can exit his squerming body to try and respawn :)

bibi
20th Dec 2003, 11:23 PM
']Why not just ask the admins to turn off teamdamage?

It's because the slider for the team damage doesn't work. :D

This is fixed in the incoming U2XMP patch.

For those who don't like to wait this is partially fixed in the XMP FriendlyFire Mutator v1.03b.

http://ww.domaindlx.com/muscat/FriendlyFire.asp