PDA

View Full Version : Resetting Map?

-]eKm[-Kenshin-
13th Dec 2003, 12:13 AM
On my BR server I rent from ReconGamer, the server recently started resetting the map after every game... I just added the Talking Icon, KickIdlers and ServerAdsSE. I was wondering if you had any ideas... conflicts or anything? ;)

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=0
bScoreMode=True
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=True
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapV ote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapV ote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapV ote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapV ote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=True")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun
MapListTypeList=SkaarjPack.MaplistSkaarjInvasion
MapListTypeList=SkaarjPack.MaplistSkaarjInvasion

There's my mapvote section of the .ini :eek:

-]eKm[-Kenshin-
13th Dec 2003, 12:18 AM
And while I'm at it, is there by any chance a way to add a server package per game type? For example, I want to have an Invasion gametype modded with Excessive, but I don't want everyone who plays on the BR gametype to have to download it (like 6 mb...) for nothing when we play BR which is really most of the time... just a question. If there isn't a way, you should consider putting it in a future version of MapVote. ;)

{FzS}Fender
28th Dec 2003, 09:11 PM
We are having the same issue on our server. I first noticed it with Invasion, but I've now seen it happen w/ BR. Any idea ? Here's my .ini

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=40
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=8
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
; Note: the following GameConfig lines are just examples. You can remove any lines that you dont want or add any
; new ones. See the instruction in the ReadMe.txt file for details.
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Prefix="DOM",Acronym="DOM",GameName="Double Domination",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Prefix="DM",Acronym="INV",GameName="Invasion",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="MUT",GameName="Mutant",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes="DM,CTF,DOM,BR"
; Note: MapListTypeLists are not needed if bUseMapList is set to False. They will be ignored.
; Also, if bUseMapList is set to True and there are no MapListTypeLists MapVote will load maps
; from the default maplists that belong to the GameTypes specified in the GameConfigs.
; The following are just examples and would not be used under this configuration.
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun

also, by invasion and BR settings in case this could have anything to do with it.

[XGame.xBombingRun]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBBombingRun
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=20
GoalScore=25
bTeamScoreRound=False
bPlayersMustBeReady=False
bAllowTaunts=True
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
MaxTeamSize=16
bForceRespawn=False
bWeaponStay=true
bAdjustSkill=False
SpawnProtectionTime=6.000000
bTeamScoreRounds=False
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=False

[SkaarjPack.Invasion]
InitialWave=0
FallbackMonster=Class'SkaarjPack.EliteKrall'
Waves[0]=(WaveMask=20491,WaveMaxMonsters=16,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[1]=(WaveMask=60,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[2]=(WaveMask=105,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[3]=(WaveMask=186,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[4]=(WaveMask=225,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[5]=(WaveMask=966,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[6]=(WaveMask=4771,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[7]=(WaveMask=917,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[8]=(WaveMask=1689,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[9]=(WaveMask=18260,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[10]=(WaveMask=14340,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[11]=(WaveMask=4021,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[12]=(WaveMask=3729,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[13]=(WaveMask=3972,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[14]=(WaveMask=3712,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[15]=(WaveMask=2048,WaveMaxMonsters=8,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
MaxTeamSize=16
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
bPlayersMustBeReady=False
bForceRespawn=False
bAdjustSkill=False
bAllowTaunts=True
SpawnProtectionTime=6.000000
bTeamScoreRounds=False
bWeaponStay=True
bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
bAllowBehindView=True
GoalScore=100
MaxLives=1
TimeLimit=0

BDB
29th Dec 2003, 12:25 PM
What do you mean by "resetting the map" ?
Is the UT server crashing and then auto-restarting via bat file ? or is it loading the
same map that was just played ???

First, take a look at your servers log file. If you dont see anything obvious or dont
understand it then send it to me and I'll take a look. (BDB@planetunreal.com).

FYI, I think (not sure) that ConfigManager (by Organized Evolution) adds mutators
to the ServerPackages automatically.
Also, UT2004 will do this also.

{FzS}Fender
30th Dec 2003, 09:21 PM
In my case, it plays the entire map, then starts it again. You can actually bring mapvote up with the hotkey and change the map if you do it in time. It just doesn't come up automatically at the end. It works fine for regular DM. Now, I've noticed it doing it on all team games. But, I haven't looked at the logs yet. Don't know why I didn't think of it :) Was hoping you might have a quick answer :p

HornDog
2nd Jan 2004, 04:48 AM
eKm[-Kenshin-']And while I'm at it, is there by any chance a way to add a server package per game type? For example, I want to have an Invasion gametype modded with Excessive, but I don't want everyone who plays on the BR gametype to have to download it (like 6 mb...) for nothing when we play BR which is really most of the time... just a question. If there isn't a way, you should consider putting it in a future version of MapVote. ;)

BPLoader from Organized Evolution

Features:

When the server is running the invasion gametype,
this loader will add the Skaarj server packages lines to your
server's ini, as well as remove those lines when you are
not running the Invasion gametype.

When the server is running any of the bonus pack mutators,
or the Mutant or LastManStanding gametype, this loader
adds the appropriate entries to the server's ini file,
and removes the appropriate entries when your server is not
running this gametype/mutator.

You will notice an additional link on the "Defaults" page of
webadmin - Server Packages. This page can be used to
determine which loader server packages have been activated.
You cannot activate the loader from this page. This
loader is completely passive, and activates/deactivates itself
without any intervention from the admin.

Download BP1Loader here (ftp://horndog.serveftp.net/Server Programs/BP1Loader.zip)
EDIT: The link should work now.

BDB
2nd Jan 2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks HornDog

{FzS}Fender
3rd Jan 2004, 08:11 PM
Ok, I've tried mapvote v9 and v11 and still the same issue.

BDB
4th Jan 2004, 04:49 PM
Ok, I've tried mapvote v9 and v11 and still the same issue.

Send me a copy of your server log file (after the problem happened.)
BDB@planetunreal.com.