dm-Cavern_arena

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Heh...

Ok. The map is a "rounded-arena" multi-layered cavern, with lava at the bottom and on another room, and warpzones to make for some inter-catwalk connections.

Apart from the already mentioned warpzone problems (that plague any warpzone, no matter what UT map seemingly), i found the map amusing. Of course, i don't know if it would last for long, after all, it's an arena map...

The only things i can advise you to take a look (knowing that a map like this will never go beyond average), are:

1. The lava is still. Make it boilant.

2. The overall look is ok for a cavern, but feels too empty. You could work a few features at the cavern walls, as well as lighting, and some lighting effects like projections/shadows.

3. Too many super power-ups?

4. I've played the map with 6 players (me + 5 BOTs). This is one of those rare DM maps that actually got to my FragLimit = 51, inside the TimeLimit for DM = 15m, with Weapons Stay set to OFF. Carnage. Either re-think player number, or maybe the weapon and ammo placement, + the super items.

5. What's the idea of that end-room with the shock rifle and broken passage? Rocket jump?

For now, i think that's all.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Ehrm... this thread should be in Play Testing BTW, not showcase...