What does the TCP/IP address have to be to play?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kardon

Feb 11, 2000
arrowinteractive.com
I am trying to set up on the network at work and I cannot remember what the address has to start with to set up the LAN. The TCP/IP has to have a specific address. I set it up at home a month ago and I NEED to get my game on after all it is Friday! Thanks for any help in advance and does anyone know the address?

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
It doesn't require a specific address... if you don't have DHCP service (you'd know if you did)..

Just set one machine to 10.0.0.1 and thereafter increase the last octet by 1 (to make it easy to remember) i.e., 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3 ...

bullet2.gif

You know your worth when your enemies praise your architecture of aggression.
nguid:167703 & 453406

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Oh, it doesn't have to be in any order... you could do 1, 2, skip a few...

As long as it's 10.0.0.x where X is a number from 0 to 255 and never the same number as another computer.

bullet2.gif

You know your worth when your enemies praise your architecture of aggression.
nguid:167703 & 453406

[This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 02-11-2000).]