Where do you want to go today PuF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Obviously there is some dissent within the group about what the true purpose of PuF actually is. I think yall know my opinion, but what do yall think?

Repost:

PuF is NOT an organized community! Putting PuF on our name is equivalent of highlighting it red in matches. That's it. You can now recognize another person that posts here without memorizing all the names. There you go.

bullet2.gif

The Monkeys are ruining my concentration by punching each other in the genitals. I tried to stop them, but they just punched me in the genitals. At first it was funny, but now it's just annoying.

Space Cruz

Dec 29, 1999
Baton Rouge, La, USA
Visit site
PuF: a forum to talk other like-minded (and consistently intelligent; well, most of the time /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)UT players about UT-related issues (and the occasional mullethead, never-ending thread, complaint/bitch, spousal advice, suggestion, etc.)

My vote would be to keep it as it is. If you want to join a clan, join a clan; I've always labored under the impression that PuF was originally intended to avoid all those clan-related issues (read: politics, soap opera drama, etc.)

But, hey, what do I know? Change does seem to be in the air lately.

bullet2.gif

DolemiteDon'tNeedNoCableModem

Wendy

Nov 10, 1999
Staten Island, NY
members.xoom.com
PuF is NOT a clan:
Noone is voted in (although an arsehole might be asked to leave)
There are no responsibilities (other than be nice and have fun)

It's total chaos!

I like it that way, PuF is fine as is.
They'll be ups and downs but that's OK.

bullet2.gif

You walk the thin line between glory and despair, soon you shall cross over it.

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority... I think PuF could use organization in terms of everyone knowing when we play other forums, knowing other members (specifically), etc. I think we have accomplished the latter, but I'm not sure about our communication.

I think that we all agree that PuF is in the name of fun, but we may have different definitions of fun.

And just in case anyone misinterpreted, I'm not in favor of requirements or anything like that.

And before I forget, gg Ritz. We went at it 1 on 1, and of course Ritz beat the crap out of me, 10 to -1. But the second game was a little closer, with Ritz beating me 10 to 7.

bullet2.gif

Who's gonna be the odd man out? I want to be the odd man out.
-- CookieMnstr|PuF

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Amen. See, people know what they are talking about.

Here's how I see it working. PU hosts our website. The website is nothing but a statement of who we are, and who our members are. It is not a request to join, as far as I'm concerned, if you want to be a PuF, you MUST be a Planet Unreal Forumer.
The whole point is to make new friends. It's not to compete, or to show up other "clans." (for lack of a better word)

A clan brings with it cretain responsibilities. The same ones as with any team. Regular meetings, regular practice, and regular competition. It also brings the ideas of tryouts, cuts, and sore losers.
There is nothing wrong with organizing a match. That's what it's all about. But the match has to have no obligations attached to it. I want to play Wendy in a game of DOM (we decided that I'm the sub /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif ) on saturday. Good. If she wants to play, then I just organized a match. If I don't show, i didn't "forfeit" anything, it just means that Wendy goes and plays on a public server...no hard feelings. That's how it works.
What if GT starts talking smack about PuF? Fine, we fight them. What's it mean when we're done? Nothing. We haven't ranked higher or lower than before. There's no ladder. We simply had fun with another group of people with the same ideals.
Its all about making friends. The same reason that I go to my industrial clubs. I want to meet people, and maybe hang out with them later if I think they're cool.
I've done that here. I've met Rooster, Nigma, L_S, Prophetus here, and gone and hung out with them in the game, as well as having a conversation here. PuF is slowly morphing into my online clique of friends. That is what PuF is. It's a frend effort, not a team effort.

I really hope things are a little clearer to those of you who are out trying to recruit people who seem to be really good players in order to make us "strong."
This isn't MHO, this is what I've gotten from working with and playing with several of the "founders" and original members of PuF. As far as I'm concerned, that's what it was founded for, and that's what it will stay.
If you want PuF to be a team of ruthless fraggers sweeping the globe and dominating the OGL, then start the UFO clan. But be sure to differentiate between yourselves and PuF. That's not us.

Thank you.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

Space Cruz

Dec 29, 1999
Baton Rouge, La, USA
Visit site
Jesus CHRYSt Superstar!

Perhaps you should take on the Task of being the self-annointed voice of reason in PuF /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
But seriously, I certainly haven't been here as long as most, but I wholeheartedly agree.

bullet2.gif

DolemiteDon'tNeedNoCableModem

CHRYSt

Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I have in fact, ousted Task in a thread or 2. He still whomps me good in the reason department tho. He has help from above.

bullet2.gif

N

NIGMA666

Yeah i know PuF's not a clan, but in a way we are, we go to #planetunreal talk then play togather(usally on the same team)and use team work to kicka$$!
where just not a clan where you have to prove yourself or just play for stats to get in!

Frankly i dont really care what the hell we are called! all i know is that i like being in PuF cause im having fun with people that share common intrest and just love UT /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

if where anything we are a Intrnational Clan!

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

"Man who stands on toilet, high on pot"

{PuF}NIGMA666

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
Ok people ever since the name PuF was created, there has been alot of concern about what the name represents! Mainly the name PuF is the abbreviation for Planet Unreal Forumers ! Who all gather here to play the game for fun and friendship! On occasion you match yourselves up with other forumers and have a nice friendly game /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif But if this is going to turn into a feud and people are going to get their feelings hurt, then I refuse to support that and will decline the name PuF from my name!! I come here hoping to make new friends /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif not wage war on people.. So remember were all here for fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!! Lets see some smiles /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Welcome to my Graveyard!!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX

[This message has been edited by XxBonesxX (edited 02-08-2000).]

N

NIGMA666

Make Love not War!!!.........or somthing
preach it brother, Amen /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

-=666=-

bullet2.gif

"Man who stands on toilet, high on pot"

{PuF}NIGMA666

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Just in case I hadn't made it clear last time, I don't think we should have any rqequirements, or obligations. However, I still think we need to organize more efficiently. I know I've said this in another thread, but I'll say it again, I think that we were somewhat haphazard in our organization of the OzUT match. We were obviously caught by surprise by a number of elements, other than the skill of OzUT.

Just my 2 cents. I can live with it if you guys disagree (which seems to be the case /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif).

bullet2.gif

-- CookieMnstr|PuF

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
I wished I could have been there for the match up, but I assume everyone who did had fun! Thats all that counts in my book /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Welcome to my Graveyard!!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX

Ritz

Cracka
Nov 10, 1999
miami, FL
Visit site
yeah, gg wiggum. good thing you had to go, your were getting a little too lucky that last game for me /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

PuF should stay as an informal group, with the only requirement as "post on the forums"

The other day I joined some random DM game and people were like "wow, a puffer" and "how did the australian games go? saw it on PU"...cool /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
We are a clan, but not a clan. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

The undisiplined mind is the playpen of chaos and disorder, so I guess I'm in trouble then. -[PuF]LordKhaine

CHRYSt

Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
SSHAD, it depends on the clan. Some are full of stat whoring moisty butt holes. Others are full of cool people that just want to play in a team.

bullet2.gif

wiggum_pi

Dec 28, 1999
Visit site
Make 7 Up Yours!...

Or wait... we're the unclan clan

So show us your clan...

and so on so forth.

bullet2.gif

-- CookieMnstr|PuF