• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Heya everyone!
Skype is a peer-to-peer voice chat program that you can use, either as text or an excellent voice conversation program. I just had a chat with Spoondog with it, and its excellent. The quality is superb, even for my modem i could hear everything Spoondog had to say very clearly, even though he's in New Zealand and I'm in the UK - the other side of the world, but still excellent quality!!!

This is a great program for jailbreakers to talk to one on one. Of course, the gamevoice would probably be prefered since its a channel of people rather than one to one, but when off the mothership, skype is a great little program for chatting to the other jailbreakers.

The website URL for this little program is quite complicated actually. No prizes for guessing it, but for those who are a little slower than usual, its www.skype.com . A nice small free download that gives excellent quality voice calls one on one away from the frantic mothership gamevoice server.

Download it now!

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Hell yes it's amazing, like talking on a phone to the other side of the world. This is the only program I can actually speak to other people with, I can't understand a thing on MSN or Gamevoice. I guess you could have multiple conversations/connections going, if you had anything better than 56k? Haven't tried...

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
ZedMaestro said:
The quality is superb, even for my modem i could hear everything Spoondog had to say very clearly, even though he's in New Zealand and I'm in the UK - the other side of the world, but still excellent quality!!!
Well...i`ll have alook but gamevoice is ok, appart from layout. I think it depends more on headset\Mic then distance, if you have ever tryed joining gamevoice and heard buzzing or echo, its probably someone with crappy mic or get it too near the speakers.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Trueblood said:
I think it depends more on headset\Mic then distance, if you have ever tryed joining gamevoice and heard buzzing or echo, its probably someone with crappy mic or get it too near the speakers.
Thankfully for me (and everyone else in the house) I use earphones. I simply must listen through earphones because its better quality than laptop speakers, and it completely blocks out other noise in the house, for example my brother and sister arguing. Therefore, I dont get any feedback down my microphone of the voice I'm hearing. The mic I have is a simple little thing on the end of a floppy wire. No clip or anything - i have to hold it atm. A simple safety pin will hold it to me though.

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Zed, I am going to try it. Most of my family is still in South Africa and we call once a month :( to keep the costs down but if this works I can talk to my brother and sister more often. WOW, this could be great. :D Me getting very excited now. \o/

I will let you know if it worked. ;)

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Boost said:
South Africa and we call once a month :( to keep the costs down but if this works I can talk to my brother and sister more often.
Im almost sure that there are programs that let you connect to all lan lines....home phones! from your PC..like them bastards sales people.