Thats enough

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R3N3GAD3

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I am playing Brock with superbots ON, 1v1 on DM-Gael, Masterful.
Now I always lose by say 5 frags...anticipation and aim are one thing...just tell me how the hell do i dodge the damn rockets.
I know if i am able to do that i will smack his ass pretty easy.......but no matter how much i practice dodgejumps on an empty map (Behindview1/Behindview0) I am never able to do it when it matters.

How will I ever reach Godlike like this before UT2004 comes out :rolleyes: .. I have to.

BTW just so you know I get 25-35fps on DM-Gael on 640X480 with all setting to minimum 16bit color.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Gael rocks! :rockon: :D

You're right, movement and aim are a big part of it. So is knowing how to use the rocket launcher, since it is the most available weapon.

If you need to learn how to dodge rockets, add more bots and lower the difficulty a little. There will be rockets EVERYWHERE. You'll have to learn the dodge them then. :D

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Gael sucks!

Keep in mind that no matter how much you practice, you'll never be able to dodge rockets as well as the bots. They have perfect reflexes, they "know" the instant you fire a rocket where it's going and how to dodge it. Mostly dodging rockets, at least in an up-close fight, is to anticipate where the opponent is going to fire their next one and try to keep them guessing about your location. People have to predict, because of ping and their slower reflexes... bots just 'know'. You're better off exploiting their A.I., like wait at the top of the map til they come up a lift, and give them a faceful of rockets when they get to the top. Rinse and repeat.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Well there's always the old addage never stop moving. If you don't have the time to react to the rocket then move further back. Wait until he fires the rocket and then dodge/jump away. Use the pillars to your advantage. When he shoots dodge behind them.

It is very easy to exploit the AI code but that doesn't really help when your trying to improve your skills for online play. However learning how to counter your opponents moves does help online. So figure out his weakness and use it.