Seperate active loadouts for offense and defense.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Excelsiore

Binary Liberation Front
Mar 23, 2001
Sweden
www.geocities.com
It would be nice if you could define one active loadout for when you're an attacker and one active loadout for when you're a defender. Just something to make life a little easier.

It might also be nice with maps specific loadouts for offense and defense.

What do I know, just trying to help keep the community alive and kicking... ;)

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
I've got it set like that too. On top all my attack loadouts, followed by defense, special and lastly fun.

Still I think this is a great idea.

mute_dammit

Just mute, dammit!
Sep 11, 2001
Excelsiore said:
It might also be nice with maps specific loadouts for offense and defense.
For new maps, this could be done easily with one of the existing mutators (something like pistols only / Mk23 only loadout) - the mapper just places whichever weapons they like into the appropriate spawns or other sniper-protected areas. Not quite as nice as a new mutator, but at least you don't have to convince anyone to write custom code.

Did I mention this before? I get so confused....

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Our own mutator subclass has some 'hooks' that are actually designed to allow the manipulation of the selected loadout. So you can swap loadouts based on anything you want or you can 'edit' a selected loadout aso aso.

The class is called INFc_LoadoutMutator - a direct subclass of the standard Mutator class.
The CheckLoadout function can be used to setup a whole new loadout based on whatever you like, be it a map name or whatever. In combination with a client side object you would even be able to use client specific loadouts based on maps and role (attacker/defender).