Jetpack? War2.0 mod?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
i just posted a thread and now i cant find it, spent so long writing it and now its gone, so this is a test wondering why the jetpack in the war2.0 works for the server admin but not for any clients?

and i also made a sudjestion for a jetpack mod, if i still cant find it then ill post another thread later.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
ok well that one worked, hm, anyways, i entered the war mod into the server packages and that didnt work, so i gave a copy of the mod to a friend so he could configur his jetpack key that way, and it still didnt work, am i missing something or is the War2.0 mod just ****ed, if so, can it be fixed, or can a mod be maid with just the jetpack so we dont have to install the entire War mod just to use a faulty jetpack (however it is the nicest feeling jetpack ive seen yet)

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
if someone were to take on the challenge of making a jetpack mod, i think it should have the same kind of thrust as the War2.0 mod, you shouldnt have to program an extra jetpack key. it should work with all directional keys; Jump, crouch, strifing, forward and back. and the option should be given for everyone to start off with it with unlimited gas, or to use it as a pickup item that could be used with Stuffswapper. ither way, the wearer should not only cast a bright glow on surfaces near them but they should also have an aura or a bright glowing skin that wont glitch the server so that the jetpackers could be seen from way while they fly around way up in the dark skys, so they could be seen even when they are not near surfaces.
that is what i think UT needs to bring it to the next level of gaming, taking advantage of the full threedimentional space.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
but if no one is going to make a jetpack or if no one knows of a jetpack i could use, could someone tell me whats going on with the War2.0 mod, if its jetpack can be used AT ALL in a multiplayer game???

HEELLLP!!! I NEED A JETPACK!!!

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
The WAR jetpacks jacked up. I know, I made it.

I would love to see a good hover mode. That coupled with a nice smoke trail, or flames shooting from the bottom. World At Ruins is long dead. There was an attempt to port some of the weapons, MAC, HAR, StealthSnipe, to UT2k3, but that didnt work out.

WAR was never fixed to work online. What parts of it do are thanks to shear luck.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
the thread you posted said "Jetpack" as its title, and inside it ONLY said "Hello?" Nothing else. So I deleted it, like a vigilant admin with a meanstreak against junk posts. Sorry if it inconvenienced you.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
hey sorry it took me so long to get back to this forum, and Kangus, its cool, no inconvenience, my threads were successfully posted and you guys have heard me, im farely new to this scene and you and postal are my first real good responces to my idea. Postal, you wanted me to post my idea, but i thought i just did in here, what do you mean, do you think i should post these this idea elsewhere cause i really need this made, im opening a server and i think this is the best way to encurage players to stop hiding and start dashing into the action.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
im thinking the it would be a jetpack/shieldbelt combo. and you could configur everything like how much armor points it will give you so you could have 500 armor or 50, and how much thrust each directional key gives you so your jump key will give you more trust then your crouch key or whatever the admin wants.

(PHI}SpaceMonk

Dec 6, 2003
i say shieldbelt because that would make it easy for player to see their attackers way up in the dark sky. and the glow the players emit so be about as powerful as the "litplayers" mutator in the "casniper" mod. the glow of the U4 or Adrenalin isnt strong enought. litplayers is but its only a white glow, it would be nice if it where a warm yellow or orange or purple or maybe color changing or configurable so the players could personalize it to there own i dont know that might be much, hahah. but a nice bright colored glow is nessassarry