Good gaming guyz yesterday.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
Good gaming yesterday guyz.
Had fun.
But why doesn't anybody host the game, thats possible right?
It is much easier, than just searching for a good server.

1: Don't have the problem, that other players join.
2: Think that the ping stays stable.
3: Can get organised.
4: Fun,fun,fun and more fun.

So was wondering what you guyz think of it.
Neo,Stamp,Morgan?..others.

------------------
It is all about fun in game play.Fun is about fraggin away.

[This message has been edited by SpawN (edited 02-09-2000).]

M

Morgan

OK, i kinda lost track here? can someone make summary of when (and where) we will be playing? and Blorgg if you're connecting a server at your school, Is it a Hogeschool or an University? I other words: is it connected to the SurfNet network?

I also study at the Haagse Hogeschool but setting up a server there won't be easy. It has been done there before and ever since they've sealed off most of the oppertunities /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif .

About the next "match". If it's thursday 8:00 pm GMT (21:00 CET) I probably won't be able to join you. (probably). Tuesday is no prob for me /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

bullet2.gif

Yeah lady, You and the IRS...

M

Morgan

oh and one more thing...

Next time one of us posts a new Euro PuF related thread, please place EuroPuF or EU PuF somewhere in the subject. Otherwise it will be quite hard to spot the thread. (I haven't been on-line all day so it took me quite some time to find this thread back /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )

bullet2.gif

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I was thinking the same, we really need a consistant server, but who has the capacity?

I enjoyed the early dom games they were fun. It is worth noticing that we all had good pings, with sy being the worst (about 530) and I think morgan/neo the best (155/192). Although mine kept spikeing into the 1000+.

I haven't been able to review the assault games, as they haven't been recorded at ngstats, but I recall that the early games were the same as above but the latter games were unplayable due to lag.

All in all, I had a good time, PuF matches certainly add something to the experience.

bullet2.gif

Fair is Fun.

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
My ping went up and down, between 300-1400.
And begin assault I had a good ping, but later my ping went sky high, couldn't see on who I was shooting.
Hope I didn't hit any team mates,causs team damage was on right?

bullet2.gif

M

Morgan

Hosting a server ourself would be a good idea. But who will host it? as far as I know, we all have a 56K connection. I usually ping low on most servers so I don't mind hosting. However, I often encounter a lot of packet loss (you may've noticed me dropping out and in of games). I'm not sure how this will affect the game if I host.

Also, I'm living in the Netherlands, so the UK players may not always have the pings they'd wish for. If I host, should it be a dedicated or non-dedicated server?

bullet2.gif

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
You guys want capacity? Well why don't you try using a college network? Here in the Netherlands we've got enough capacity to run multiple severs... If you're interested I could setup an UT server now and then.

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
Yeah, we are certainly interested.
And Morgan what you said, i agree with.
I also live in Netherlands, but I can't host game
because my ping is too unstable.
But we can let someone host a game, check how it works.

bullet2.gif

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Last night was utter chaos!

Burt wow if we could get a server to ourselves. That would be great! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Any chance of it happening? /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I don't care about pings, I just want some Good Games!!!

I'll play anywhere. It my connectio thats crap. Lost my connection 5 or 6 times last night. Anyone else use Line-one? BT /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

However, if we can't get a server then we should follow these step to good gaming.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Neos 5 steps to good gaming: /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

1. Get on-line (very useful /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )
2. Test empty servers straight away
3. At 8pm split into 2 teams. I'll decide if you can't /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
4. Play CTF/AS no DOM or DM /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif god I was crap last night /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
5. realise I'm not and never have been Dutch. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Morgan/SpawN

What about RW? Is that idea binned?
What about the CAPS idea, I like that, easy to read.

Hope Thursday goes better /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Couldn't go worse /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Insert witty signature here.

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
How often is now and then Blorgg??? Once a week? Once a month? once a year?

Neos revised steps to good gaming:

1. Still get on-line
2. Try out empty servers for ping
3. At 8pm split into two teams. (I'll do it if you can't decide)
4. Play CTF/AS only (and inf)
5. If only a couple of people have a crap ping then they have to leave and find an alternate server for the rest to play on.

Step 5 is the key!!!!

Sounds good and do-able to me.
Scrap that team nonsense I was spouting in that other post, completely un-workable.

This is good tho! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Neos revised steps to good gaming: Ver 1.02

1. Get on-line 7:45pm GMT
2. Try out empty servers for ping
3. At 8:00pm GMT split into two teams.
(I'll do it if you can't decide)
4. Decide roles (deffense/offence) And try to stick to it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
5. Play CTF/AS only (and inf)
6. If only a couple of people have a crap ping then they have to leave and find an
alternate server for the rest to play on.

Step 6 is the real key!!!!

As with RW don't know spawn, I didn't get to use it. Heard it was breaking up and increased ping.

bullet2.gif

Stamp

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
Is there going to be a patch to that neo? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif Something to improve support for mods perhaps, like CTF/e.

bullet2.gif

Fair is Fun.

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Unlike games producers, I don't hand out sub-standard stuff which need a patch straight away. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

There may be more revisions to go tho.

But what do people think of Version 1.02? Good? I think it will work. Its simple and effective! I'm a genius /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
(Oh I have a funny(ish) story about me, UT and my inteli explorer mouse...makes me look like the village fool /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif )

I haven't tried CTF/e, didn't think it did that much. Any info out there?

I'm thinking of changing my name. Neo sounds a bit girlie /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif . I need a hard name to stike fear into people hearts. Neo sounds like a 12 year old newbie wimp.
See what I can come up with by tomorrow /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
We're meeting thursday agian.
Maybe then we can decide who will host a game.
At least we can give it a try, see how it works out.
He! Blorgg, you said we could use that capacity, when? and what times?

bullet2.gif

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
When? Well Friday afternoon everybody's gone over here so the network's bloody fast. I don't know what time it is over there but here(Holland) I will try to set up a server. Details will follow soon...

SpawN

Mutated Hell Spawn
Feb 2, 2000
I.T.N
Visit site
Blorgg, till what time can u use it?
And please use a pasword.
THNX in advance.
Let us know when and further details.

bullet2.gif

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Next Friday I will start an UT server at 13.00 hrs local time(that means over here). I don't know the ip-adress yet cause I don't know what computer I will be using. What I do know is that the server will be a PII 450 with 128Mb and an Matrox G200 so that won't be a bottleneck. We're connected to our own provider via optic fibre wich means I can play quake(1) on a London server with ping 60 HEHEHE... I will seeing you friday

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Friday 13.00 hrs (local time here in Holland). I already sent a reply earlier but i 'disappeared' somehow. Anyways the ip-adress will follow cause I don't know what computer I will be using. The adress will be posted here at about 12.30 if everything goes the way it should. But I would like to know some details: how many players, what game, what map, etc.