FragBU news is now available at the BuF homepage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks to HUNTER for setting me up with news access:

http://buf.beyondunreal.com/

He's also working on a FragBU info page that will contain server info, map info, mutator info, and a link to the FragBU video, I think.

so, there we go! I just think that this is the best place at BU to host FragBU information. I much prefer it to the BU homepage.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I'll probably still post it here... I dunno... we'll see what I come up with on Friday. I like the GGs discussions to stay in the forums here :)

by the way, Hunter. Pete said that it would be a bad idea right now to host all of the demos on the BU system. He did suggest maybe a demo of the week, sorta thing.

I sent you an email... If I setup an XML Web Service, do you know how to consume it via SOAP or HTTP POST protocols? Since the maplist for The Web changes often, a Web Service would be a great way to make sure the FragBU page stays updated with the current list.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
got your email, ty for letting me know what pete said. If we had a demo of the week we would need someone to decide which one it was.

anyone interested?

access to news and ftp maybe availble:D

Last edited:

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
One thing that could be done is get people to submit screenshots of the endgame scoreboard. It would help identify games for each week. I had taken last weeks server side demo's and split them up into smaller files. It would have been cool to have the screenshots from the maps for people to see which games were in each pack.

For those who missed it: http://crazycougar.myserver.org/fragbu/

I'll be fixing up the page so that doesn't look like hte 1 minute hack that I did. ;)