Using download managers for getting the files.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Did anyone try to download the files with a download manager? I'm using GetRight and didn't found a single mirror yet that seems to support it. I'm trying to download the official mappack, I already got the core files.

Any help would be appreciated.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Clarification: Most download mirrors have an array of .php sites before the actual download that makes it virtually impossible to use download managers. I got through on CombatMaps but then got a 'Permission denied'-error. :/

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Ok as a test I started up Getright 5. Went to DL page and clicked on the TBT Desert Storm Mappack (140MB) Official Server 1 (New York). Popup came and I clicked Download. Getright asked me if it wanted to handle it and I said yes. After a few moments to connect it started donwloading the large file. Paused it for a couple of minutes. Restarted no problems.

Is your Getright monitoring EXE files?

Also some donwload sites are setup to handle only once connection. If Getright is set to split the file into mulitple downloads usch as 4 then thats 4 connections and that could cause problems. Not sure what the parameters are for the DL sites.

My Getright is set not to split files.

Just tried a spliting of 3 on the Newyork link with no problems.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Tried it the way you described it and it seems to work. Weird, I always used the 'right-click --> download with GetRight'-method which didn't work. *shrugs*

Thanks a lot. :)

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I usually do it that way to but when that fails I just follow the damn prompts. Glad it works for ya.

Now get on line but don't hurt me too much.