Can't plac actor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lews

Breaker of the world
Oct 19, 2002
Netherlands
mod.maqn.com
Our mapper's been having this problem, but since he doesn't have an account here, I figured I'd post for him.

Anyway, the problem is, he's been working with UEd3 for some time now, and has suddenly stopped being able to place actors.

To quote him:

After working with UEd3 for quite a while now, the thing suddenly stopped being able to add most actors to any level. Zones, terrain, navigation points, lights, and several others will not appear. I've verified that the actors are not hidden and re-installation hasn't fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

CountZer0

MERCS Mapper
Sep 22, 2003
www.angelicskies.net
Lews said:
Our mapper's been having this problem, but since he doesn't have an account here, I figured I'd post for him.

Anyway, the problem is, he's been working with UEd3 for some time now, and has suddenly stopped being able to place actors.

To quote him:

Any ideas?

He isn't using catalyst 3.9 drivers with an ATI card is he? It sounds very much like the problem I had.

If he is using an ATI card with cat 3.9 drivers make sure the option for "Application Preference" for Anti-Aliasing is ticked in the ATI control panel.

If your man's not using an ATI car then ignore all that. :)

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Saw this posted at ina by - I think - the same guy, and he fixed the problem. There's some weird bug that prevents you placing actors if you set the grid size too high (like 64 or higher or something).

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
oh yea, turning off actor snap might work too instead of lowering grid
i think it always works, you only dont see the actor anymore as its waaaay out of your view at another grid line, something like that sounds more logical
whatever :)