WeaponFire problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shuriken

Cordless Pixie
Apr 11, 2002
Yoo`kay
www.planetunreal.com
Got one last problem with a weapon mutator I'm doing.

It's a bullet firing weapon, and the two fire modes both extend InstantFire, and have the same code apart from some slight defaultproperty changes.

However, on primary fire, you get sparks + smoke where you fire (the assaultrifle/mini primary effect), but on altfire, there is nothing. I want these xEmitter effects to happen on altfire as well, but can't find any reference to them. It can't be in the firemode classes, because they have the same code as each other.

So I really have no idea how I'm getting the effects on primary at all. I've hunted around all my classes, and their parent classes, but can't find anything to spawn effects. Why is it? And how do I get it on alt as well?

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Hit effects like that are controlled via the Attachment class. Look at the minigun attachment class and you'll see in the ThirdPersonEffects function the effects used for both primary and secondary hits.

Shuriken

Cordless Pixie
Apr 11, 2002
Yoo`kay
www.planetunreal.com
Thank You!!

I had looked in the attachment class, but only skimmed - is it just my imagination, or is it completely illogical for it to be there ^^

Anyways, got it sorted easily, and that improved the weapon a lot - you can actually see where you fire a lot better now. Glad I didn't release before sorting that out.

Keep an eye out for a certain mutator tomorrow or the day after ;)