Question about map categories

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Magic_Taco

Nov 28, 2003
Hello,

First off, MapVote is such a great utility, so thank you for making it available to the public!

After reading the readme.txt and experimenting a bit, I still have a few questions.

Is it possible to create categories of maps (using something akin to the maplists), which would take on the mutators/game options I assign them? Right now, using GameConfig lines, I can create these categories, but the "downside" is that every map of that game type gets listed (since bUseMapList=False). There are some maps I don't even want considered for a certain mutator setup (like CTF-Gardens of Heaven and the Warhammer mutator!). The only thing that "worked" was changing the map prefix, but that's not an option. I am aware that I could also assign per map mutators. Perhaps it boils down to: Can I create my own MapListTypeLists, where certain maps only appear in certain categories based on my listing and not their prefixes? If so, would I use gameConfig lines?

Also, is there a way to get the last game configuration played to be repeated? It seems mine always defaults to the category that's at the top of the list. It remembers the game type, but not the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Magic_Taco

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Sorry, No, the map prefix is the only link between the maps and the game configs.

If you are using MapVote 4.00 b11 (for UT2003 not UT1)
then you can set bDefaultToLastGameType=True.

Magic_Taco

Nov 28, 2003
BDB said:
Sorry, No, the map prefix is the only link between the maps and the game configs.

If you are using MapVote 4.00 b11 (for UT2003 not UT1)
then you can set bDefaultToLastGameType=True.
Thank you! I appreciate the response!