Chainsaw in Multiplayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UC Fubar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
OK. I see there is a chainsaw in UT for MP. How come I can never use it? It always defaults to that stupid air hammer no-good for nothing piece of ****. does it have to be enabled on the server side? Sorry I am a newbie and if this is stupid question please don't bite my head off. The chainsaw is really cool , I know from my Doom days !

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Yeah the server has to have the chainsaw mutator selected. I believe some custom maps actually have it in the level as a pickup thouhgh.

UC Fubar

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Ok next question is , how do I tell if the server has the chainsaw selectable? I have this mod "mutator toolbox" under my "mods" and I have ticked "replace impact hammer with "chainsaw" I thought this would automatically work in multiplayer games. So will this work with bots in "practice session" or in a MP game just against bots?

XxBonesxX

banned
Dec 19, 1999
A grave Yard!
Visit site
Well usually it will show what mutators the server is running on the browser, but as for the chain saw goes I have yet to find a server running that mutator!

bullet2.gif

Welcome to my Graveyard!!!
{PuF}XxBonesxX

S

Selerox[PuF]

Getting a headshot with a 'saw always brings a smile to my face /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

With bad ping, it's very tough to pull off though /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

PuF: nuff said