PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

DarkSniper
27th Nov 2003, 07:51 PM
Been awhile since I have been here, hell most of you may not even remember me, or the maps I have made. But thought I would post here about a map that I have been working on for RavenShield. Why here? Well this is the "one" place I know that peeps enjoy realism. So, if you have Raven Shield and are interested in a new map, here it is. Hope you like.

AlleyStrike (http://www.combatmaps.com/Files/Brown/AlleyStrike.exe)

http://www.combatmaps.com/Files/Brown/release.jpg

Freon
28th Nov 2003, 05:16 AM
hey long time no see :)

just so you know, Inf 2.9 is released on monday ;)

mat69
28th Nov 2003, 07:04 AM
Pah, my brain is not that bad, I remember you (ComplexB was pretty hard with RAV2 and TAS :) ), but I don't have RavenShield.

vedder
29th Nov 2003, 06:29 AM
I remember you. :)

Neddaf
29th Nov 2003, 10:33 AM
ahhh i remember you also...

hah how can i forget you (prozac boy)....

jaymian
29th Nov 2003, 12:47 PM
Too bad I hate raven shield. I loved the graphics and weapons and attachments, but I ended up just cheating just to get through it. And multiplayer had issues as well, so coop didn't work out. Figures you show up right when things pick up again. Do you plan on sticking around?

DarkSniper
30th Nov 2003, 12:03 AM
Wow, some of you did remember me lol. Hey Jaymian, good to see you still around. Ravenshield rocks dude, I dont play much online tho, maybe some coop here and there. I really dont play much of anything. Working on the Troopers "Dawn of Destiny" mod pretty much takes all my time, I barely have time to do my own stuff. After you spend hrs making textures in PS and meshes in Max, and then putting it all together in the ed, you realize you just spent months on 1 level...who has time to play? lol.

Do you plan on sticking around?

I dont have UT installed and no longer have the disks, so I dont know if I will be playing much INF either. As much as I love the game I just cant see "stepping backwards" to design for it. Now if INF moved to UT2003, then I would be first in line to design for it! :)

MP_Duke
30th Nov 2003, 01:45 AM
i know, you can never go back

Los Pescados
30th Nov 2003, 02:44 AM
that's bs :p
gameplay is timeless. anyway, darksniper, you should check it out because one of your maps is in it :)

Crowze
30th Nov 2003, 05:56 AM
Hey DarkSniper, I remember you by your bot pathing on half of AngelHeart's maps ;).

I might check out that RvS map, if I decide to reinstall it... but I'm getting really sick of the glorified conefire and rushing online.

DarkSniper
30th Nov 2003, 10:53 AM
Hey Los Pescados, Long time no see. Yeah I know my map is in there "A city block" :) I also know you went through and made many changes to it :) I think MP_Duke was reffering to the fact the "you can never go back" to developing on the older engine once you have on the new. You are indeed correct that gameplay is timeless.

Hey Crowze those Angelheart maps drove me insane! LOL But John is a great guy and the INF communtity seemed to appreciate it, so it was all worth while. The cool thing about my map for RVS is that I took the extra time to ensure you could play it offline as well. The bots will get you too :)

Angelheart
1st Dec 2003, 03:42 AM
Hi Darksniper :)

DarkSniper
1st Dec 2003, 08:17 AM
Hi Angelheart :)

Damodred
1st Dec 2003, 09:42 AM
Hi both of yous. And Jaymian. And Vedder ('sup!).

San Francisco is spelled with a C :D

That is all. Carry on.

DarkSniper
1st Dec 2003, 05:07 PM
Artistic license? ;) :eek: :lol:

ninjin
1st Dec 2003, 05:26 PM
you probably dont know me but i know you (lol)

welcome back

Gullonefox
2nd Dec 2003, 08:08 AM
Howdy Mr Sniper! Remember me?

DarkSniper
3rd Dec 2003, 05:21 PM
Hey Shane, how ya been?

ecale3
3rd Dec 2003, 05:35 PM
hey darksniper.

Spooge
3rd Dec 2003, 07:11 PM
Darksniper... hmm.... Dark... sniper... *scratches head*
Nope... does not even ring a bell.
;)

WHAZZUP?! :D How's Californ-I-A treating you?

And a WHAZZUP to all those other names I have not seen in so long. ;)

Gullonefox
4th Dec 2003, 04:46 AM
Im good m8, had a bit of a wild few months. The company I was working for went under, I am now working away in Scotland, on some EA projects.
I will be out in LA for about 6 months starting soon, so, if you fancy meeting up for some ales and game chat let me know old boy! And get Doc to come along to!

D-Bomb
4th Dec 2003, 04:46 PM
Dark sniper, A city block is one of the only maps(that iv found so far) that runs smothly on my computer and i love it. Good job on it

Keganator
4th Dec 2003, 08:49 PM
Heyyah Darksniper. Don't go away too long this time :) INF misses every mapper that goes.

erehwoN
4th Dec 2003, 11:07 PM
Hey! (to all you "old" mappers :D )

vedder
5th Dec 2003, 02:29 AM
And Vedder ('sup!).

Hey man! Long time no see! How goes it?

DarkSniper
5th Dec 2003, 06:56 AM
Hey Shane good to hear you found more work after muckyfoot went down.
But I am back in Tennessee for awhile (sick father). But you should contact Doc I know he would like to get together.

Shouts to Keg, Escale, Erehwon and vedder.

D-Bomb, thanks dude! Means alot when you hear someone say that.

TitanBlue
5th Dec 2003, 09:54 PM
/me remembers David, John and Shane ;)

Like Crowze I remember you by your bot pathing on half of AngelHeart's maps. Didn't knew you did A City Block before El Fishy got his sticky fingers on it ;) but he did very well!

PS: Shane, what about "Remagen II" :p ;)

mat69
6th Dec 2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, and what's about Jacknifed? I'll release it the next two weeks ... hehe
Brain is something evil, he? ;)

TitanBlue
6th Dec 2003, 12:28 PM
He thought the server crash made us all forget it hehe ;)

Gullonefox
8th Dec 2003, 04:42 AM
I get next to no time for hobbie mapping these days, but when I do, or more to the point when I can be bothered to, I work on Remagen 2k. Jackknifed, umm ohh.. I will give it to another mapper I guess.As I will not be able to finish it..