Radeon 9800pro and Win98SE, any problems ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I just want if someone knows of problems concerning this configurations. Lots of site links 9800pro only to WinME, 2000, XP...and Linux.

Would it work with no problems on Win98SE ?

Thank you.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
I'm building a new system, so no problems there. It is just I still don't want to have XP for now...

But you're guessing... I need some live experimentation here... :-/

Most of sites don't even talk about Win98. You can download drivers for the Radeon family but no further details.

[UNREAL]unreal tag ?[/UNREAL] :con:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
SATA is great for people having a lot of disks. I don't have SATA at the moment and right now I am running 6 hard drives, 1 burner and 1 dvd player. Need to get 2 more in but out of PCI slots. So I am looking forward to it.

And yes I am running 2 power supplies at the same time. Can't wait to get the new system built.

Seriously considering running Win2k and not XP.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
XP really is fine once you make it your bitch.
Most of the complaints I hear about it from those refusing the switch usually are quite unfounded. (this is coming from a hardcore 98se'er)

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Until my file problem is fixed in XP I will be staying with Win2K.

I still have yet to find someone to tell me how to fix it.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
MadWoffen, just in case, post you computer´s specs.

IMO, I have done this some times:
I take less then 15 minutes to install WIN98SE on my computer. XP takes some 40 minutes.
Now some technology... WINXP´s memory utilization or something is much more advanced than any other windows. Yes, with 98 sistem will be ligher, but if you r gettin a 9800 PRO, I think you wanna play; then xp will get you some better performance... I tried this, and it got just as the above lines. Anyway, it´s your call.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
If 98 ME was the bane of all windows operating systems since windows 3.0, I dont think that bodes well for the rest of the 98 series ;)