Voice Communication in Runtime

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Echelon9

Apr 12, 2003
Australia
Visit site
ive heard that UT2k4 will be implementing someform of voice enabling, and im wondering if player to player voice communication can be put into the runtime.

low level voice APIs are freely available on the net, (i think one is called "HawkGL" or something like that) but im just wondering where'd you would start to apply this kind of feature to the Unreal Runtime? UnrealScript maybe be a little combersome to do this, but i want the voice comms to be embedded in the Runtime, not as a seperate program running at the same time like TeamSpeak or Ventrilo.

Any thoughts, ive looked on the Wiki and UDN, but things are pretty quiet on this front. :) i can be contacted at rhysk@iinet.net.au

Echelon9

JamesKilton

UA Coder
Oct 6, 2002
Everywhere and Nowhere
Visit site
That kind of stuff has to be native and as of now you can't implement any type of native coding to either 2K3 or the Runtime. We'll be lucky if Epic releases the headers anytime soon, and we'll just have to see if they release a new version of the Runtime incorporating VoIP that will be available in 2K4.

TseTse

Pong Paddle Jockey
May 8, 2002
New York
Visit site
well, yes.

im curious if VoIP technology is generally planned to be incorporated for BOTH this UE2 version and generally for Unreal Licensee usage.

TseTse

Pong Paddle Jockey
May 8, 2002
New York
Visit site
allegedly it will be available to licensees. furthermore, i guess we can then assume it will eventually make it into a new version of UE2.