PDA

View Full Version : Wolf3d Episode 4 level 10 a good dm map?

Master Roshi
22nd Nov 2003, 12:45 PM
I was looking threw some old game maps and found this. This is "Wolf3d Episode 4 level 10" Would this make a good Dm map??? Each 1 of the " dots " or " * " = 256 x 256 x 256 of space. Of course changes have to be made. Do you have any suggestions? The other image is what wall texture was used in the wolf3d game. May be that may help some.

MassChAoS
22nd Nov 2003, 01:02 PM
Bad idea.

Master Roshi
22nd Nov 2003, 01:46 PM
Bad idea.
how / why?

MassChAoS
22nd Nov 2003, 02:41 PM
Maze = horrible gameplay. No zaxis fighting.

Nahand
22nd Nov 2003, 05:40 PM
There could be 2 or 3 levels of maze on top of each other, with openings here and there. There's your Z-axis.

Still, a maze is always a maze...
Roshi, i too have 1 of those ideas now and then, but i quickly get over it. For UT and usually for any other FPS nowadays, that kind of map design just isn't suitable... for a decent map, that is. You could do it anyway; its your time and your editor ;)
But take note on this: would other people play it? For a while? Would YOU play it? For ever?

I, as for mapper, try to make maps that - first of all - I LIKE to play on. Releasing is afterthought (well, more or less). If you feel you would REALLY enjoy that map in UT for what it was, then go ahead. Just don't expect that much of support when you upload it. People will burn it and crucify you... (i'm exagerating, of course :D )

Master Roshi
22nd Nov 2003, 05:41 PM
Maze = horrible gameplay. No zaxis fighting.
no maze.
a maze has dead ends. This does not. you can get anywhere from anywhere. It's just easy to get lost. and abou the zaxis. I said changes had to be made. I will add that to the list.

Nahand
22nd Nov 2003, 06:04 PM
... humm... i always supposed a maze's point was for someone to get lost :rolleyes: ... oh, silly me...

Still, the level structure is... well... a bunch of corridors interconnected...

Master Roshi
22nd Nov 2003, 09:47 PM
I just wanted to try a new type of dm map. Where you stalk your opponent nested of fast action shoot for all. No one can tell me that they never thought to stalk their pray before they send them to he!l. Would that be fun???

Nahand
23rd Nov 2003, 04:38 AM
Well yes... but its not that level layout alone that can do that...