PDA

View Full Version : JB fun-match against some Sniper clan members

Sexmachine
21st Nov 2003, 08:54 AM
Visiting the DJ ClanPage (http://death-juggler.ngz-server.de) a second ago I came to think about the idea of having a fun-match against some of their members and friends someday in the future. I haven't talked to them about it, but as most of them are pretty active UT players they might be interested (some of them even show up at our MotherShip from time to time).

So the question is: Who would be interested to participate on our side? 5 to 7 players needed (for 5vs5 or 6vs6 matches with one backup player), games might be held at a EURO server (sorry to all south-east asian musk rats) :)

Trueblood
21st Nov 2003, 09:03 AM
Sounds interesting :) You can put me down for an extra for now, depends who else is joining (just being a wind-bag ;) )
We need an All-star team, Rev, Dalton, TrueB, SexM, Bathory & Boost
Rev + Datlon masters of destruction
TrueB + SexM escape artists and Defence
Bath + Boost Button Keepers

Just a thought :D

Boost
21st Nov 2003, 10:36 AM
Sounds like fun :lol: but would it be sniper rifles only? :rolleyes:

Who said me and Bathory are button keepers :eek: , I don`t intend to stay by the button the whole time, I want to play too, sniff. :(

CoolDude
21st Nov 2003, 10:53 AM
OK .... seems Lord TrueBlood already made up the team. :sniper:
Have fun then ... :hmm:

Sexmachine
21st Nov 2003, 11:15 AM
Take it for what it's worth CoolDude (and keep in mind who has said that) ;) - everyone who's interested is welcome, that's for sure (as it's once again all about the FUN of it) :)

Snowdog
21st Nov 2003, 11:30 AM
Speaking of Jailbreak, anyone playing tonight ? I had to close down my NWN server from Mr. Boss (Dad), since his classified information about patients and all that wasn't 'safe' according to him because of the open connection to internet 24/7 X_x Now I have to wait till I found an appartment myself :hmm:
I can concentrate on UT now though, but I'll miss my NWN world for the time being.

Trueblood
21st Nov 2003, 04:00 PM
You can put me down for an extra for now, depends who else is joining. Just a thought :D
Im not saying thats whats gona happen. :rolleyes:

I had to close down my NWN server
:eek: ahh ! just aswell i got my money back

RevBillyG
21st Nov 2003, 04:34 PM
Sounds like fun :)

Nahand
21st Nov 2003, 05:45 PM
Yes, indeed... >:]

CoolDude
22nd Nov 2003, 02:47 AM
Take it for what it's worth CoolDude (and keep in mind who has said that) ;)Sorry you all, it was just my first impression after reading it.
Even the orders were already given.
If you need anyone extra, let me know.

I had to close down my NWN server from Mr. Boss.Just give Mr. Boss his good old dial-up connection back.
Or better, one takes the ADSL, the other takes Cable. (Anyone ever tried to ask for 2 ADSL lines? :D)
:cool:

Sexmachine
22nd Nov 2003, 07:40 AM
So far we have:
Trueblood
Boost
CoolDude
SnowDog
RevBillyG
Nahand
Sexmachine
Anybody else? More peeps please! ;)

Trueblood
22nd Nov 2003, 07:54 AM
Time to practise my head shots :lol: may lord have mercy ;)

dalton
22nd Nov 2003, 08:11 AM
Count me in :), well if i can off course :D

Bathory
22nd Nov 2003, 09:37 AM
ME ME ME :lol:

It will be a lot of spoo -ing for me :lol: :lol: let's have fun :D

Trueblood
22nd Nov 2003, 11:20 AM
ME ME ME :lol: It will be a lot of spoo

Look on the bright side Bathory, cant be "suicide blond" with sniper rifles ;) Unless you find a way to shoot yourslef ;) :lol:

anathema
22nd Nov 2003, 11:46 AM
haai, well seems like a lot of people wanna join. if you're asking me, the answer is yes.i would like 2 join. i still regret not being at the jelp 2003. next LAN i'll be there.4 the snipering part i still got the blues.kill ya all hahahahahahahahaha :lol:

Angie
22nd Nov 2003, 12:03 PM
:flak: Me me me me me me!
You can count on me too! :sniper:

Trueblood
22nd Nov 2003, 01:02 PM
Heh how big is the sniper clan? sounds like they`ll end up taking on the whole Mother ship :D

Sexmachine
24th Nov 2003, 07:32 AM
Allright, here is the updated list of people interested to join:
Trueblood
Boost
CoolDude
SnowDog
RevBillyG
Nahand
Sexmachine
Dalton
Bathory
Anathema
Angie
This "may" turn into a tournament with more than just one [JB] team so if there are others interested, NOW is the time to tell (I might get in touch with the sniper clans someday this week) - oh and I think/hope these games will be played on a full weapons server (not just the sniper). ;)

Nahand
24th Nov 2003, 09:18 AM
Don't forget to post the time (GMT) and day... :D

Trueblood
24th Nov 2003, 09:21 AM
Don't forget to post the time (GMT) and day... :D
I hope the "tournament" wont happen too soon, my Pc is in the pit stop, it cant handle all the blood and gore that comes from you lot when i blow you up :lol:

Snowdog
24th Nov 2003, 10:21 AM
Ehh, I'm interested, but I'll move for the better players =) I like spectating aswell so don't let my presence dip the scores ;)

Angie
24th Nov 2003, 11:29 AM
Ehh, I'm interested, but I'll move for the better players =) I like spectating aswell so don't let my presence dip the scores ;)
Hey, you are one of the better players, so we count on you! :)
:p And I think itīs just for the fun, itīs not really important if we loose or win.

Trueblood
24th Nov 2003, 12:26 PM
what we need is.........GAME VOICE (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=108801) (these days theres always 2 or 3 inside!)
Maybe fun to hear each other cursing but for the honor of the Mothership we should use it for more important things.....like sharing info of sniper positions......and maybe backup ;)

Boost
24th Nov 2003, 12:40 PM
Sounds like we are going to have loads of fun. I agree with Angie, we always win with the fun we have. :lol:

I hope it is not just sniper rifles because if so I think we will need Gran, Anathema plays CTF with rifles aswell so it is good to see he is joining. :sniper:

Rob
24th Nov 2003, 01:09 PM
Count me in if you want of me.

Sexmachine
24th Nov 2003, 04:40 PM
That's not the question, it's more like "do YOU want to play - or not" ?

ScopeTrigger
29th Nov 2003, 03:08 PM
count me in sex and lets have fun!!!

_Dark_Rusty_
30th Nov 2003, 07:26 PM
against sniper clan? tehehe, count me in

Sexmachine
1st Dec 2003, 01:47 PM
(Almost) FINAL LIST:
Trueblood
Boost
CoolDude
SnowDog
RevBillyG
Nahand
Sexmachine
Dalton
Bathory
Anathema
Angie
Rob
ScopeTrigger

Sorry DarkRusty but Australia would ping too bad ... we need ONE more (so we have 2 teams with 6 players and 1 in reserve each) !!!

Trueblood
1st Dec 2003, 01:51 PM
we need ONE more (so we have 2 teams with 6 players and 1 in reserve each) !!!
Come on Snowdog!! dont spectate.. join ! get some heavy duty pain-killers and head ache tablets and get fraggin ! :)

skeleton_keys
1st Dec 2003, 01:54 PM
I would love to join in but I am seriously busy with work at the moment so cannot claim to be reliable.

I don't want to be in the position where I take someone elses place and then let you guys down.

Having said that, once I know place and time, I should be able to arrange it so I am free then.

Sexmachine
1st Dec 2003, 01:55 PM
Snow is already in ... still we need ONE more!

CoolDude
1st Dec 2003, 02:18 PM
Borenson (Rev call your bro), ZedMaestro or Katana, where are you?????

Sexmachine
1st Dec 2003, 02:25 PM
ZM's ping is too high to (sorry mate) ... but yeah bor or katana would be cool.

Katana
1st Dec 2003, 05:11 PM
I'll be in the reserve squad :)
I'm willing to play, count me in.

ZedMaestro
1st Dec 2003, 06:43 PM
ZM's ping is too high to (sorry mate) Boohoo. :rolleyes: No fair. Heh, my ping may still be high, but i still 0wn ya :D :lol:. Dont discount someone purley because they're playing 1 whole second behind everyone else...

/me builds up rage against Sexmachine for the next JELP LAN party.

Aw, I would certainly play if my ping werent so high, though the future is bright for me and broadband! YES, rather than broadband coming to me from the lovely people over at British Telecom :hmm:, I have to go to broadband, ie move out, buy a place with broadband/cable, and then I can play Jailbreak with a decent low ping :D Simple!

Well, now that I can drive, I can always pop over to Katana and hook up to the net there :D.

I think it'll be best for me to just wait though :rolleyes:

:o

Sexmachine
1st Dec 2003, 06:54 PM
Allright, we have reached 14 players = two teams (six plus one) and here is my suggestion for the teams (we have to start somewhere):

Team Lockdown
Trueblood
Boost
CoolDude
Bathory
Anathema
ScopeTrigger
SnowDog(R)

Team Parole
Dalton
Angie
Sexmachine
Rob
RevBillyG
Nahand
Katana(R)

Time to inform the sniper clans about that ... I'll get back on you as soon as they respond.

Snowdog
2nd Dec 2003, 08:22 AM
Team pwn4ge :
TrueBlood
Dalton
RevBillyG
Boost
Baffie
Anathema
Angie

Would anything stand a chance against this behemoth ? =P

Bathory
2nd Dec 2003, 09:05 AM
That's very sweet to say Snowie ;) I know I can be dangerous :p , but you and Scope are better then I am..don't be so modest.

Sexmachine, I think your suggestion for the teams is ok...I'm ok with it.

Sexmachine
2nd Dec 2003, 09:28 AM
According to the WorldStatsPage Team Unstoppable would be:
Rob
Dalton
RevBillyG
Trueblood
Katana
Snowdog
Angie
... but that should not be the intention behind it. It's more like putting people in one team who somehow belong together or enjoy playing with each other.

Snowdog
2nd Dec 2003, 10:08 AM
x_X How could I forget to put Rob in my list

Rob
2nd Dec 2003, 10:18 AM
I prefer the previous lists ! A matter of "team job" (as you explain in your previous post SM) : TB+Bath+Boost+CD=unstoppable / Rob+SM+Angie=winning trio ;)
Don't be deceived by the stats page.

RevBillyG
2nd Dec 2003, 01:07 PM
Ooer I better start practicing again :)

Trueblood
2nd Dec 2003, 04:04 PM
hehe cool :lol: im on each list ;)
Snowdog`s version is good for if we`re losing badly but sexmachine`s list would do okay. (Dalton & Rev...sheesh..do they know what`ll hit em? :) )

Boost
3rd Dec 2003, 10:45 AM
Team lockdown is all dutch except for TrueBlood. If you want us to play with gamevoice, you beter start learning dutch True. :lol:

Teams look fine to me, should be loads of fun. When do we start to practice together? :D

Trueblood
3rd Dec 2003, 10:55 AM
Team lockdown is all dutch except for TrueBlood.
Sounds very much like JELP to me :hmm: and then put me on a table away from everyone and forget i was there
But, Good idea, team parol and team lockdown should be built and practise on eachother. :)

Boost
3rd Dec 2003, 11:34 AM
Sounds very much like JELP to me :hmm: and then put me on a table away from everyone and forget i was there

That you did all on your own, we even spoke english specialy for you. If you joined in, you would not have had that problem. So stop giving others the blame.

anathema
3rd Dec 2003, 11:36 AM
I wasn't at jelp, so I don't know what went wrong in your case true. but if you were feeling alone, I guess it's you not trying 2 connect 2 people. 4 what the practicing part I think we all practice each day, so maybe we can discuss who's best at defending or attacking etc. so everybody will be placed in the right place.
4 me I can do it all if you just tell me what 2 do. I don't have a preference.

Sexmachine
3rd Dec 2003, 12:04 PM
Please stay away from off-topic stuff in this thread, thanks ;)

I finally found the time to post about this tournament over here (http://death-juggler.ngz-server.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6155#6155) and here (http://www.obels.nu/df/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=444) ... let's see what the future brings. :)

Trueblood
3rd Dec 2003, 12:31 PM
So stop giving others the blame.
Im not blaming anyone, I would have loved to join in the chat if i understood it but hey, traveling over 24 hours without speaking to anyone, you kinda used to the silence :o
so everybody will be placed in the right place.
Have we EVER been organized during play? :D

anathema
3rd Dec 2003, 12:42 PM
I like chaos, so thats why it doesn't matter where I stand!!!!!!!!! just hunting 4 the frags, I jump, and pump some lead. eat my rockets. or receive a :sniper:

ZedMaestro
3rd Dec 2003, 01:53 PM
Poor Trueblood :(. Nevermind mate, at the next JELP you wont be the only English guy there. Instead, you'll have ME for company, hopefully anyway!

Well, anyway, back on topic, this all sounds very interesting. It'll be funny when the parole team beat the lockdown team :lol:! When is all this clan match stuff gonna start, and maybe you could put another page on the PlanetJailbreak homepage that is all about the clan matches, ie participants, scores, future matches, etc :D

Boost
4th Dec 2003, 05:51 PM
Nice to see that some clan members joined tonight. They were good using all weapons. I hope the match will happen, it is going to be loads of fun. :lol:

Nahand
4th Dec 2003, 06:26 PM
>:]

Sexmachine
7th Dec 2003, 06:04 PM
It's looking good so far, as former DJ member Edge has already set up a team, the DutchFighters are in with a team, Xtremal and the Veni Vidi Vici clan are interested and I hope the DeathJugglers and the D-Capitate clans join aswell - to be continued ...

Trueblood
8th Dec 2003, 04:09 AM
More clans ?! didnt realise so many about :rolleyes: Hope i dont play like i did lastnight during this :mad:
Is there gona be a table or plan on who`s fighting who? (like drawing names from a hat :) )

CoolDude
8th Dec 2003, 05:56 AM
I came to think about the idea of having a fun-match against some of their members and friends someday in the future.
It's starting to look more like a tournament at the moment. Nice :)

Boost
8th Dec 2003, 01:44 PM
Each team must have one team leader so please indicate that person by adding his eMail to the list.

Does this mean that we need a leader in our team or will you be leader to both teams?

Sexmachine
8th Dec 2003, 01:51 PM
That 'leader' stuff is just there to make my life easier, as we need ONE person per team to be responsible just in case we run into some sort of trouble (finding dates etc.) ... I have nominated one leader per JB team (just to skip the boring process of electing one) and if a team is unhappy with that we can easily nominate a different one - but trust me, all we need that "leader" for is to know who's butt to kick if problems arise. :D

Sexmachine
8th Dec 2003, 06:18 PM
Geez, looks like I have choosen the wrong words once again. Lemme explain this just a little more: The so called 'leader' is equal to the rest of the team during the games itself - it is just important to me that I have ONE player who takes care that the rest of his team knows whats going on (e.g. when to play,what maps etc.) ... it has almost no importance for the JB teams at all as we all check these forums on a regular basis - but it becomes even more important for the other clans (and it makes my life way easier) ... so this means that neiter I nor Trueblood do now automatically have the position to give orders or make plans for the team tactics that others have to follow ... once again: the so called "leader" (in the case of the JB teams) is the poor guy who get's whipped if something does not work out as planned (read = responsible for organization) ... if this is a problem for somebody, that one has the order to start a seperate voting thread to 'elect' a leader for each JB team. SM, over and out. :)

mrloper
9th Dec 2003, 04:34 AM
Can i also be in a team???

Yeah seccond post

Trueblood
9th Dec 2003, 04:46 AM
it is just important to me that I have ONE player who takes care that the rest of his team knows whats going on ... so this means that neiter I nor Trueblood do now automatically have the position to give orders or make plans for the team tactics that others have to follow ...
Me team leader? does this mean i can start making "team blood" badges? :D
Doesnt sound too hard (not the badges, the leader bit :p ) anyway, if we lose and i get the blame... pfft whats new eh? :o

Sexmachine
9th Dec 2003, 07:48 AM
Can i also be in a team???Too bad you are a little late and teams are already set up. You can however become another reserve player for either one of the teams (you choose) and if you are lucky you might be able to play ...

skeleton_keys
9th Dec 2003, 11:19 AM
I will attempt to be around when u play these matches to give you guys support (don't expect me to start shaking pom poms though)

If, for some reason, you are short I can make up the numbers.

mrloper
9th Dec 2003, 11:20 AM
I must choose?? great, i aint very good at that

yeah third post

Angie
9th Dec 2003, 12:37 PM
I will attempt to be around when u play these matches to give you guys support (don't expect me to start shaking pom poms though)

Yeah, and donīt forget your dress! We need some cheerleaders! :lol:

Katana
9th Dec 2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and donīt forget your dress! We need some cheerleaders! :lol:

Only if I get to wear makeup and a blonde wig :D

skeleton_keys
9th Dec 2003, 01:02 PM
Sorry Angie,

I am afraid the dress is out.

Pick one of the following reasons ;) :

1. My legs might get a bit cold.
2. My legs might drive all the ladies to distraction (can't have that as we wan't you to be concentrating on the game)
3. My legs might horrify everyone to the point where they are too stunned to play properly.

:D

CoolDude
9th Dec 2003, 01:07 PM
Can i also be in a team???If only we could find 6 more people ...

Snowdog
9th Dec 2003, 04:08 PM
The teams need cool and unreadable tags to be truly 1337 !

Team Lockdown :
<{-=░▒▓ ╬ę4M ╘Ω≤Kdå√∩ ▓▒░=-}>Snowdog

Looks 1337 enough no ? omfg !

Boost
9th Dec 2003, 05:53 PM
Only if I get to wear makeup and a blonde wig :D
That can be arranged. :lol:

<{-=░▒▓ ╬ę4M ╘Ω≤Kdå√∩ ▓▒░=-}>Boost

Trueblood
10th Dec 2003, 06:12 PM
Trueblood - trueblood@yourass.com

Just a quick note, when emailing me, please use bold letters with a title about the tournament...poor me gets spammed and i tend to over look alot of things. Oh and English please Dutch fighters ;)

Croatia
11th Dec 2003, 02:42 AM
against sniper clan? tehehe, count me in

Sure against some Sniper-Clans , maybe it will be easy for u maybe not :-) !

Anti-sniper brigrade:( ?
Looks you dono like snipers ?
We are not all Campers ( that kind of game my Clan hate 2 ) we are fighters, run and kill that is our favorite gamestyle.

But me is sure that you will see tha next time.

ThX Sexmaschine for your Organisation and i now it will be very funny, play after longer time all wapons, a gamyestyle that i use at beginning of my UT-Life :) .

See ya all next on the JB-TOUR

Croatia
11th Dec 2003, 03:09 AM
signature check

_Dark_Rusty_
11th Dec 2003, 03:28 AM
Sure against some Sniper-Clans , maybe it will be easy for u maybe not :-) !

:( ?
Looks you dono like snipers ?
We are not all Campers ( that kind of game my Clan hate 2 ) we are fighters, run and kill that is our favorite gamestyle.

But me is sure that you will see tha next time.

ThX Sexmaschine for your Organisation and i now it will be very funny, play after longer time all wapons, a gamyestyle that i use at beginning of my UT-Life :) .

See ya all next on the JB-TOUR

okay, its a bit of a hostile sig, but dont get me worng, It's not that I dont liek them, its a patented skill sniping, I just like to work against them & help my team, I play a bit of CTF, u can see how getting rid of enermy snipers on say, diamond sword is a key factor.

Only ones I hate are ones who spawn kill & havn't touched their move keys since the ice age, in fact, I truely admire the ability of some sniper clan members to dodge very quickly & still have deadly accuracy with a sniper rifle at close range

Trueblood
11th Dec 2003, 03:28 AM
SM ! you sudjested 3 maps to choose....3 maps between both teams? or 3 of each team, making 6 in total?

Boost
11th Dec 2003, 03:46 AM
Still the funny Trueblood. :lol: Wake up and smell the coffee.

Sexmachine
11th Dec 2003, 04:11 AM
The question is more like: do we play "best of 3" (needs 2 wins to be victorious) or "best of 5" (needs 3 wins) ... 6 maps may lead to a draw and thats a NONO ... let's wait 'till all teams signed in and collect ideas for the tourny afterwards (we need so much more than just the maps btw).

[NBS]Edge
11th Dec 2003, 07:51 AM
Fraggalonia All Stars first team have signed up.....can we have two teams??

Cya,
Edge

EDIT(from TEAM thread): Timezone problems might create team changes.

Sexmachine
11th Dec 2003, 08:50 AM
Of course nobody gets whipped if teamchanges become neccessary. Talking about timezones: are there people from 'overseas' in a team (just because I am a bit worried about their ping)? :)

can we have two teams? Yeah sure! More teams = more fun ;) ... thanks for signing in so far :)

Sexmachine
11th Dec 2003, 09:11 AM
Hi Sex,

Just a couple of questions Tournament which sprung into my mind.

1) Is it allowed to use GameVoice.
2) If so, you are the only one with a registered version, which allows more then 4 players ...
(It also doesn't seem to be possible to get a registration anymore, because the Sidewinder Gamevoice product has been discontinued)

3) Will spectators be allowed?
4) If so, keep in mind that it is possible to 'spectate' the other team (while a player and a spectator PC is close, or in combination with GameVoice)

5) Is it allowed to let a player play in two teams (even if it's only a substitute). I ask this because of the question/remarks of Edge, at the one page it states players can change due to timeschedules (without having a reserve). On the other thread he asks if it's OK to write in two teams...

CD

Please do ask these questions in this thread as that's what this thread is there for and other people might be interested in the answers too. :)

1. Yes! Voicecommunication software is allowed in general.
2. As the admin of the server it's neccessary that I am around whenever a match is happening and thus I am on GV aswell (if you are still interested in buying a MS Sidewinder GameVoice kit you should do a search on eBay)
3. No spectators (because of 4.)
4. see 3.
5. I don't see a problem with that (keep in mind it's just for fun) as long as there is a good reason for it and as long as we are talking about just one or two players (and not the whole team).

CoolDude
11th Dec 2003, 11:07 AM
Please do ask these questions in this thread as that's what this thread is there for and other people might be interested in the answers too. :)Will do next time.
I just didn't want to give others any wrong idea's.

if you are still interested in buying a MS Sidewinder GameVoice kit you should do a search on eBayI don't need a complete Sidewinder GameVoice box, all I want is to register my full version of the GameVoice software itself. It seems this is not possible. If it will be a separate GameVoice channel for every team, don't you need two registered versions?

Sexmachine
11th Dec 2003, 11:32 AM
all I want is to register my full version of the GameVoice software itself.Errr, what? The 'full' version of the software is only available if you buy the GV kit. The version people can download for free can not be 'upgraded' to the full version throughout registration.

If it will be a separate GameVoice channel for every team, don't you need two registered versions?Separate? Channel? Two versions? ... :eek: now you really made me feel stupid ... ???

CoolDude
11th Dec 2003, 01:21 PM
Oops, now who did put that CD with the "full" version in between my CD collection? ;)
Maybe a registered user can (if needed from two different PC's) join two channels simultaniously.
I expect that some (if not all) clans have their own GameVoice or simular system.

Sexmachine
11th Dec 2003, 02:30 PM
So what you basically try to explain to me is that even though you are using the full version of the GV software it does not 'unlock' the 4 user limit on my GameVoice server (which it should do in any case) ...

What I still don't understand is that 'channel' thing you are talking about ... but that doesn't matter as you already answered the question yourself (other teams/clans use their own voice server)

skeleton_keys
11th Dec 2003, 07:10 PM
No spectators :con:

Was really looking forward to sitting back and watching you guys in some skilled action.

I do understand the reasons why you aren't allowing spectators but it still sucks.

I was going to get loads of screenshots to put on the JB site for the post match report.

Oh well, in that case, I shall wish both teams the best of luck in their endeavours and do my cheerleading part in spirit at least :)

Trueblood
12th Dec 2003, 04:08 AM
No spectators :con:Was really looking forward to sitting back and watching you guys in some skilled action.
Yeah that is a shame, when i take screen shots i lag for about 7 seconds so its impossible to take action photos :( i wake up in jail with a screen shot of pain :rolleyes:
SM i think cooldude wants a second "room" in game voice. Like the mothership`s room or channel is the "UTJB" one, i think he wanted to know if you could make a ^DF^ or another clan room so they can talk to eachother....team speach with mics :)
(i was close on buying gamevoice... 2 for Ģ50...oh well :) )

CoolDude
12th Dec 2003, 04:57 AM
Extra Team:
Because spectating is no option anymore, how do you guys feel about an extra team:
SnowDog (reserve atm)
Katana (reserve atm)
MrLoper
Banquo
+
two extra players

There are still a lot of regulars floating around out there (Borenson?, Dynamite?, Imp?, ... )
Just a thought.

One independent spectator:
Maybe it's an idea to have one approved independent spectator per match.
This way he can take care of some nice screenshots.

Game Voice
About GameVoice, you're kinda right TB.
What if Team Parole has to play Team Lockdown. Do both teams use the same channel (or room, or session, or whatever it's called)?

Boost
12th Dec 2003, 06:04 AM
Game Voice
About GameVoice, you're kinda right TB.
What if Team Parole has to play Team Lockdown. Do both teams use the same channel (or room, or session, or whatever it's called)?

We mostly all on the gamevoice, just more joining and more laughter, when did we ever play with strategie, it is for the fun. :lol:

When we do meet in a match, i guesse that spectating won't bother either or would it? :confused:

Sexmachine
12th Dec 2003, 06:20 AM
What if Team Parole has to play Team Lockdown. Do both teams use the same channel (or room, or session, or whatever it's called)?Nothing I can do about that special case. We may either all use the GV server or one team needs to use a teamspeak server from one of the other clans. The GV software does not offer the comfort of seperate channels in the free version, you can however give people a "team tag" and make use of that (by activating a button) if you have the full version AND the hardware.

About spectating and taking screenies: It's no problem to record demos of the game and do some screenies in 'replay' mode.

Sexmachine
14th Dec 2003, 08:45 PM
Wow, TEZC (The Enigma Zone Crew) is in aswell, so there are 7 teams atm. ... I really hope one more team signs in (DJ's maybe - but they need two more players) so we can start playing in two groups with 4 teams each.

[NBS]Edge
15th Dec 2003, 12:48 AM
We were very close to Fraggalonia team 3, perhaps they can make a joint venture with the few DJ's who dare to play NW....how long time can we have to look at that?

Cya,
Edge

Trueblood
15th Dec 2003, 04:06 AM
Hey, Isnt there anymore people on the mother ship wanting to take part? (appart from high ping people :p) Dynamite is wanting to join but he says his clan "FU2" wouldnt be interested (or good in that matter)
Oh and lastnight.... No Translocator in Tournament what about some levels that auto equipt? can you disable that or does it mean those levels are not to be chosen?

Katana
15th Dec 2003, 07:03 AM
I didn't realise that there were that many JB teams around.
Is someone gonna draw up some kind of ladder soon?

Birelli
15th Dec 2003, 07:40 AM
TEZC is primarily a UT2003 Deathball clan, but we've had fun expanding into other gametypes at various times, an XMP squad is in the making as well. I suggested trying this tourney and Rage, who is the co-founder of the clan and only one still playing atm, has always enjoyed JB so we decided to see if we could make up a team. Several of our players will probably be playing many of the maps for the first time so we're not promising too much, but it's all just for fun anyways :)

Also, I think we're still looking for a 6th team member, we may end up pulling someone in from the Deathball scene to play or something but we'll make sure to have a team ready.

Sexmachine
15th Dec 2003, 07:47 AM
how long time can we have to look at that?Would be nice if you can manage this asap so I can close the sign-in phase and we can move on with the tournament.

"No translocator in tournament" - what about some levels that auto equipt?Wormbo's NoTransloc mutator is going to take care of that.

TEZC-Rage
15th Dec 2003, 08:14 AM
Yea, i'd rather recruit someone who's JB orrientated, rather than someone who has hardly played :D drop by Our IRC channel (irc://irc.quakenet.org/tezc) if anyone's intrested

CoolDude
15th Dec 2003, 08:26 AM
On the other (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=122223) thread:
Now the top teams need to play one match for the 'glowing zero award' (winner of the tourney) and the teams ranked #2 play for the bronce medal. If we do it like this we have a total of 14 matches to play and each team plays at least 3 matches.

Maybe it's better to play cross-finals with the best 2 of every group.
Number 1 of group A plays number 2 of group B and vice versa.
The winners of these two half finals can play the GRAND finale.
You then would have 16 games instead of 14.
I always find this more fair, when at the end you'll find out the two groups were unbalanced.

Boost
15th Dec 2003, 11:21 AM
I know MR Loper still wants to join, maybe you can contact him. :D

Sexmachine
15th Dec 2003, 01:27 PM
cross-finals with the best 2 of every groupYeah, let's do it that way. FirstA plays SecondB, SecondA plays FirstB -> winning teams then play the GRANDE FINALE and the second best teams play for the BRONCE MEDAL (total of 16 matches).

skeleton_keys
16th Dec 2003, 04:45 AM
My work schedule has now relaxed so I can throw my hat in the ring :D

If there are enough Jailbreak regulars willing to form another team then we could do that.

Sexmachine, could we make out a team from the reserves as CoolDude has suggested. It would be a shame if Katana and Snowdog don't get a game just because they are in a team as a reserve?

Then we could have the following team:

Katana
Snowdog
MrLoper
Banquo (me)
+ two more. (These two could come from a non-Jailbreak team if need be)

Erm thats exactly what CoolDude suggested :P

If this can't be done, could any other teams that need an extra player please let me know, and I shall be happy to join :)

skeleton_keys
16th Dec 2003, 04:49 AM
Just read that Dynamite may be interested. So that could add one more to the list above

Soz for the double post

Trueblood
16th Dec 2003, 04:56 AM
Just read that Dynamite may be interested. So that could add one more to the list above
Yeah, he wants in but he`s hard to get hold of :) I think he said he registered in this forum...maybe he`ll post sometime.
As for the reserves....having them on another team takes them away from being reserve doesnt it :hmm: which might not work out

skeleton_keys
16th Dec 2003, 05:07 AM
Yep fair point about the reserves.

Also it looks like Sexmachine wants to keep it to 8 teams making it easier to arrange a tournament so I dont think this team would be allowed to enter anyway.

So I am on the hunt for any team that needs another player. Any offers?

Boost
16th Dec 2003, 06:25 AM
Yea, i'd rather recruit someone who's JB orrientated, rather than someone who has hardly played :D drop by Our IRC channel (irc://irc.quakenet.org/tezc) if anyone's intrested
Try to ask here Banquo, they still need two players. Then we will have to fight you, loads of lol. :lol:

ZedMaestro
16th Dec 2003, 09:06 AM
If a third team was formed, would high-pingers be allowed to be in it? Mentioning no names though...

Sexmachine
16th Dec 2003, 12:37 PM
Sign up phase is over, but the DJ's need TWO more players so get in touch with TeCuMSeH (tecumseh@home.nl) if you like to participate ... oh and taking away the reserve player is indeed not a good idea (I am almost sure we are going to need them).

skeleton_keys
16th Dec 2003, 01:59 PM
Well I have sent an email to the Djs and went to Tezc's IRC channel today and had a cht with them.

Tezc might still need players - they will let me know.

No response, as yet, from the Djs.

Its a race to see who will get my undeniable talents :D

AxlBoBBS
17th Dec 2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah were have u Skeleton ;)

Any idea when this will be starting now we got the 8 teams?

Sexmachine
17th Dec 2003, 01:52 PM
TEAM TEZC is complete - right ?
Birelli
Rage
Axl
Rens2Sea
McKenna
Andie
TBA (reserve)

... or is there a free spot available for Banquo (aka SkeletonKeys)? Axl?

Any idea when this will be starting now we got the 8 teams? Soon, very soon ... ;)

TEZC-Rage
17th Dec 2003, 03:37 PM
yea that's spot's for him. If he still wants :p

Sexmachine
17th Dec 2003, 04:48 PM
arf - me feels stupid ... TBA = to be announced ... got it :)

EDIT#1: I have signed Banquo in - take good care of him TEZC's ;)

EDIT#2: The DJ's still need two more players - what about MrLoper, Xtremal and all the others ???

skeleton_keys
18th Dec 2003, 05:24 AM
Oh how ironic....I came to JB from Deathball (Tezc is a Deathball clan) :-P

Sex, I never got a reply from the DJs, so either they are a shy lot or their email isnt working.

Sexmachine
18th Dec 2003, 05:55 PM
Where are those who were interested in joining? We still need two more players for TEAM DJ - c'mon peeps!

ZedMaestro
18th Dec 2003, 06:04 PM
/me finally accepts that high-pingers wont be allowed to play, even though more people are needed :rolleyes:

Sexmachine
18th Dec 2003, 06:09 PM
Allright Zed - if Katana and Snow agree to be transferred to the DJ's you can be the reserver player for both Jailbreak teams (with a good chance to actually play a match or two) - how about that? Zed? Katana? Snoweeh?

ZedMaestro
18th Dec 2003, 06:17 PM
Thats VERY fine by me!!! :D :lol: :rockon:

Katana
18th Dec 2003, 06:37 PM
I'd rather stick to playing with people I'm used to. so no.
I'm staying on team parole (R), Zed said on IRC he's fine with that.

ZedMaestro
18th Dec 2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I'll just say what i said to Kat on IRC.

I'm in no position to kick anyone else out of a team into another and then take their place.

If Snowy would rather stick with Team Lockdown (R) too, then thats also fine by me, for the same reason.

Nevermind, I'll still have regular fun on the mothership!!!

Erm, thats a point. If the matches are being played on the mothership, that means that the server cant be used by anyone else at that time. I hope that these matches wont clash with the Wednesday Parole or Sunday Lockdown at least, and hopefully it wont take too many other day's evenings too, since thats when people play. Would mean I'd have nowhere to play Jailbreak online in the evenings :(

Boost
19th Dec 2003, 02:52 AM
AAAAh poor Zed, the matches will exist out of 3 or 5 maps, that means that the server will only be occupied for hour and a half. That leaves enough time for you to play on the server. :lol: Unless there are two matches after each other. :D

Sexmachine
19th Dec 2003, 12:29 PM
As I am still not sure how to handle the matches, it can easily happen that the server is unavailable to the public all days but wednesday and sunday. Another opportunity is to play the games exactly on wednesday and sunday. Hmm ... like I have said, I am not sure about this yet.

Trueblood
19th Dec 2003, 01:57 PM
Another opportunity is to play the games exactly on wednesday and sunday. Hmm ... like I have said, I am not sure about this yet.
I think it should be what ever time it needs to be, just about everyone who comes on the server knows a tournament is coming, maybe do that white text thing about it for the people who dont....but ofcourse...shouldn`t have tournament on a Sunday ;)

Snowdog
19th Dec 2003, 02:23 PM
Eh, I don't mind, as far as I know SpamMaestro would be a good addition to any team, so if he'd like to play that's cool with me =)

Sexmachine
19th Dec 2003, 04:17 PM
Team DJ is complete ... so no more reason to swap teams - but thanks anyway Snow :)

Hereby I also my apologies to skeleton_keys aka Banquo. I wanted to put together a team of friends so I searched in our clanforums first. Thanks for the email though, much appreciated.

ZedMaestro
19th Dec 2003, 04:43 PM
SpamMaestro
FFS, how many times do i have to explain myself? Its called "tactical aimlessness" ;). Anyway, its damn difficult to aim when you're screen is displaying the action one whole second behind everyone elses. I have to aim where i think you'll be at the next second, and sometimes i guess completely wrongly.

The only exception appears to be while sniping on JB-miniFace. Either you lot cant aim quick enough even with a 1 second advantage or I'm god. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Team DJ is complete ... so no more reason to swap teams - but thanks anyway Snow :)
I'll just regularly refresh the server status page when a match happens then.
Its a shame that there isnt this "UT-TV" thing around for UT (like in UT2004), cos it would be nice to watch the matches.

In theory, you could allow specators, as long as they weren't on GameVoice and as long as they said NOTHING while a game was in progress, ie silent watchers. Surely that could be allowed?

_Dark_Rusty_
20th Dec 2003, 02:34 AM
In theory, you could allow specators, as long as they weren't on GameVoice and as long as they said NOTHING while a game was in progress, ie silent watchers. Surely that could be allowed?

I think I we learn to keep my mouth shut, besides smart@$$ remarks like "hes right in front of u!" :lol: . But once in a CTF match I remember both teams having the opposing teams flags, our flag carrier well hidden when a spectator pointed them out, which I thought was extremely noob, it can really mnake your blood boil.

thats an idea for a mod (if someone hasnt allready made one) that stops spectaters from typing messages.

Snowdog
20th Dec 2003, 04:53 AM
FFS, how many times do i have to explain myself? Its called "tactical aimlessness" ;). Anyway, its damn difficult to aim when you're screen is displaying the action one whole second behind everyone elses. I have to aim where i think you'll be at the next second, and sometimes i guess completely wrongly.

;)

It's pretty respectable that you keep playing instead of whining about the lag imo

Trueblood
20th Dec 2003, 05:20 AM
instead of whining about the lag imo
You didnt play last night did ya snow :lol:
But if Zed learns to shoot where he thinks the player will go, his aim will be better :rolleyes:
As for spectators, its not that important.

Katana
20th Dec 2003, 06:28 AM
But if Zed learns to shoot where he thinks the player will go, his aim will be better :rolleyes:

That's true, if you can predict movements with 56k, it will help you predict them when you have a better connection :)

Sexmachine
20th Dec 2003, 06:41 AM
Back on topic - any brilliant ideas how to get the tourney started?

_Dark_Rusty_
20th Dec 2003, 07:35 AM
That's true, if you can predict movements with 56k, it will help you predict them when you have a better connection :)

actualy it could be worse, cos u'd be shooting in front of them once u get on a better connection & u would say stupid thins like "why the hell is my gun shooting as soon as I pull the trigger?!" or "I pull the trigger & it fires straight away, thats just stupid!" :) with having constant lag u get used of shooting infront of people & when u go to cable u have to re-adjust (or so one of my unlucky freinds on a 56k tells me.

yes it does seem like I just ignored sm's post, but I just had to say that

ZedMaestro
20th Dec 2003, 09:33 AM
It's pretty respectable that you keep playing instead of whining about the lag imoThanks :D. I just want to get down and play Jailbreak. Anyway, Sexy would probably ban me if i kept whining. ;)
You didnt play last night did ya snow
But if Zed learns to shoot where he thinks the player will go, his aim will be betterLOL, I figured why the connection kept on dying - i still had msn messenger running, which took some of my very limited bandwidth :rolleyes:. Anyway, its damn hard predicting where you lot will move to. It partly depends on the map too, and how open they are. Hehe, just gotta get my own house before I can get a decent connection :D :lol:

Anyway, like Sexmachine wants, back on topic.

My suggestion is an update to the PlanetJailbreak.com site.
1.First, make a news post about it and make a big "UTJailbreak League/Competition" (whatever you prefer to call it) banner.
2.Secondly, make a new page for the site about the Competition. List the previous results, upcoming matches, the league tables, best players, etc. Then, all the details are nicely available in the home of Jailbreak.
3.Then, thirdly, on a *special evening* you could have lots of matches, ie each team played one other, on the same evening. That would be an explosive start to the competition!

Boost
20th Dec 2003, 10:36 AM
I think plan B will work the best, if everybody first have to comunicate it will take a while before the matches start. We also have a reserve, so if one player is unable to play the reserve can step in. :D

If each teamleader comunicates with its team and asks which days they can play and send it to you (sexmachine), there won't be the problem of not having a complete team. You must have 5 days in a week that you must be able to get a full team to play. ;)

CoolDude
20th Dec 2003, 10:52 AM
Plan B:
I create a more detailed tournament plan that includes not just the roadmap but also the date and time when matches need to be played (with maybe one alternative date per match).
I think this is the best way to go.
1) Let the teamleaders first inform on what days of the week their team can play (this won't take more then a couple of days).
2) From that make a tournament schedule for the first round with fixed days and times (starting from 1st of januari, after the holidays, which gives us 12 days to get everything ready). If a team has problems with a particular day or time they can respond and a alternative day and time can be arranged.
3) After the first round is finished the dates and times for the half-finals and finals can be determined.

If you play 1 game per night, 5 days a week, starting at 9PM (CET) the first round will be finished 3 weeks later.
I don't know if it's possible for teams to start at 8PM (CET), which means 7PM England time. If it is it's possible to play 2 games a night, 5 days a week, starting at 8PM (CET) and 10PM (CET) the first round will take 1,5 week.

If you need any help preparing the schedule, I will help you.

AxlBoBBS
20th Dec 2003, 12:48 PM
thats an idea for a mod (if someone hasnt allready made one) that stops spectaters from typing messages.

Still not a good idea.. A lot of clans use voice comms now, so even if there was a mut/mod which stops specs typing, they can still tell their team where the efc is using voice :s

No specs at all should be the rule, other than an admin

AxlBoBBS
20th Dec 2003, 12:50 PM
I'd like to see Plan B in action.. Fixture list method is a way to keep things nice n organised and keep it all in motion.. I agree, there should be a poll to see what time/day would be best for clans/players.

Birelli
20th Dec 2003, 04:27 PM
For people who want to follow the action you can always set up one of the IRC reporter bots, we use it on the TEZC server during our DB matches and it works quite well, except for occasional problems with it getting behind because it has too many messages to send (it would get kicked by QNet if it sent messages any faster).

Birelli
20th Dec 2003, 04:39 PM
I like the idea of B, but what time of day will matches be played? The lockdown time of 20:00 GMT is decent for the Americas on weekends but weekdays are a little tougher if we decide to go that way. I guess it kind of depends on what regions we have represented, is anyone sure of that?

Trueblood
20th Dec 2003, 04:55 PM
I`d just like to point out that all this thinking, hurts my head :biggrin2:
Everyone must be ready now (dates will be screwed right now cos of x-mas)

Sexmachine
23rd Dec 2003, 09:46 AM
ScopeTrigger wrote (via PM):

I shall go for plan C but a little bit different

1 : I think you should just call a date and maybe 1 alt date ( I know that its allot off work and if you want I can help you with that because I dont have to work the next 2 or 3 weeks) else I think the little tournament can take a long time to play all the matches and people pick their own date and if one player isnt available then the match is off and if that happens to much then it takes to many time @ the mothership and it takes youre time because you have to set the server.

2 :the pw : if you have just one date to play the match and you are at home than you wont have to give away youre pw ( I think you dont like to give away youre pw to everybody ) because you know a date you know if you are at home if you arent ( or you havent got any time . at that moment you can always give away you pw ( but that up to you to dicide)

Sexmachine
23rd Dec 2003, 09:48 AM
TeCuMSeH wrote (via PM):

Plan D: We get 1 or 2 servers extra to play the matches. I would have to talk to Ant about it but we "could" donate our server for it for some matches. Maybe another clan can also do that. I would be a small effort to setup the server just like the Mothership server and reset it after the match.

Pros: combined with option 3 we have the capability of playing all matches in a short time and let the teams choose their time and with more serveradmins it doesn't take all your time anymore.
Cons: pingtimes may vary per server so this can be an advantage to some teams.

CoolDude
23rd Dec 2003, 10:46 AM
Regardless of what option we go for, first step has to be:
All teamleaders have to inform what days and times of the week the teammembers prefer .

In case of a tournament schedule (option B), these prefered times have to be given to the tournament leader.
In case of option A,C,D the available times have to be posted in the thread, so that teams can contact each other.

Keep in mind that all matches between Euro-US teams (TEZC, any more???) probably need to take place over weekends. If I'm correct with the a time difference of 6 hours, this would mean during the day US-times, in the evening Euro-time.

Sexmachine
28th Dec 2003, 11:29 AM
Allright, it's time to put away all those shiny and new Christmas presents and get back to business. :) Looks like Plan B is the way to go. I'll go and update the main thread and eMail all teamleaders asap.

AxlBoBBS
4th Jan 2004, 07:21 AM
Birelli is currently sorting out our team ready.. ;)

Birelli
4th Jan 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah, sorry about the delay, I've just been incredibly busy between holidays and getting in applications to colleges, as soon as everyone checks in to me I'll send the times.

Sexmachine
4th Jan 2004, 10:36 AM
No problem - I hope we get this done 'till next weekend :)

Birelli
5th Jan 2004, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I do to, after playing loads of XMP I just attended the lockdown yesterday and UT is sooooo much different, especially when playing maps like Crusher that I started with. I'll have to re-learn a few UT skills before we start the tourney but it should be loads of fun :)

AxlBoBBS
5th Jan 2004, 10:47 AM
we need to practice bir... My UT server has JB on, just gotta drag people away from XMP for a few hours

Boost
6th Jan 2004, 09:18 AM
My UT server has JB on, just gotta drag people away from XMP for a few hours

You can always join us, there is always someone playing between 21:00 and 24:00 GMT on the mothership. :D

AxlBoBBS
6th Jan 2004, 09:39 AM
:) i do sometimes, but we need clan practice too, and its looking like Im the only one actually interested in it :(

Boost
6th Jan 2004, 09:49 AM
Yep, you do need some team practise, but to be honest, we haven't practised together either. :p We just joining this tournament for the fun. :lol:

Just join us when you feel like it, and lets have some fun playing JB. :D

Sexmachine
11th Jan 2004, 05:26 PM
Main thread updated! (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=122223) ... please check it out!

Sexmachine
11th Jan 2004, 06:22 PM
I have moved the match Team Lockdown vs. Fraggalonia One back to Friday 16th and the match Team Lockdown vs. Dutch Fighters back to Friday 30th because of a mistake I've made ... the TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/press/tournament/) is updated ... please check again - thanks! :)

[NBS]Edge
11th Jan 2004, 06:29 PM
Mkay...plz not more of these changes without talking with teamleaders first...I't really a hell to set up all these ppl ;-)

Sexmachine
11th Jan 2004, 06:33 PM
I know Edge - I am really sorry but it's a hell to find matching dates and mistakes are only human. I have tried to stick with the schedule mails you have sent me to make sure those dates are no problem for the teams but I can easily imagine how much this short term changes suck ... again, I appologize. Have fun and thanks for your understanding. :)

Birelli
12th Jan 2004, 11:31 PM
Those finales are gonna be brutal to play through, maybe we'll have to arrange a short break after 3 maps (if we make it that far that is) ;)

I've still got only 5 players that are reliable (and I haven't even gotten confirmation for the match dates), is there an official policy on bringing in non-rostered players? Can I just find someone hanging around to play with us if we don't have a player or two?

Boost
13th Jan 2004, 12:41 PM
Can I just find someone hanging around to play with us if we don't have a player or two?

You could ask Dynamite or Mr Loper if they want to be your back-up in case someone doesn't make it. ;)

AxlBoBBS
13th Jan 2004, 02:11 PM
As birelli says, most the people on our original list have now got "better" things to do, or have vanished.. If we were allowed to use players not in our original list, we would only use TEZC members. This would probably be an advantage to the other clans, as the TEZC members we would use probably would never have even installed JB let alone played it :s all our members can be found here: http://www.clanbase.com/claninfo.php?cid=261122

Birelli
14th Jan 2004, 08:49 AM
We're pushing towards CS are we? ;)

CoolDude
14th Jan 2004, 09:09 AM
I've still got only 5 players that are reliable (and I haven't even gotten confirmation for the match dates), is there an official policy on bringing in non-rostered players? Can I just find someone hanging around to play with us if we don't have a player or two?The most important part: make sure you got six players.
Would be nice if they are JB-players, if not so be it.
I really don't care where you get them from, pick them of the street if you need.
As long as there are six of you on the 19th, 27th and 29th of January.

Keep in mind, we play this tournament for fun.

(Somebody always seems to edit this small sized texts in my posts, without giving me a reason... ;) )
Edit: Now they even made [SIZE=1] the standard size!!!!!

Birelli
14th Jan 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I didn't think anyone would mind, just wanted to make sure :)

AxlBoBBS
14th Jan 2004, 11:52 AM
We're pushing towards CS are we? ;)

erm, yeah, have u not been reading in #tezc recently? we got a CS leader, server, a few members already :rolleyes:

TeCuMSeH
14th Jan 2004, 05:14 PM
The first match was played by us (DJ) against DC and we had to play with 5 people because we both had little time getting the team together (about 7 hours before the match I read the schedule). I could get a last player for it but DC couldn't so we played with 5vs5.

We don't know if we need to reschedule that match or not. I wrote Sexmachine a mail about it but haven't got a response yet.

Birelli
15th Jan 2004, 11:16 AM
From results thread:

Both teams were one player short and luckily made the (right) decision to play nevertheless ... well done boys - looks like we have a winner in the first match: ][apitate has beaten Team DJ & Friends 3:0 - congratulations!

I think he's ok with it, as long as good decent matches get played :)

TeCuMSeH
15th Jan 2004, 01:48 PM
Where did you find that post? I have never read it and I thought this would be the place to look. Never bothered to keep up with the complete forum here cause I have enough to look after.

Angie
15th Jan 2004, 03:15 PM
You can read it in the thread "JailBreak III Tournament results"
(2 threads under this thread)
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=124800
Sexmachine is busy with real life at the moment. Heīs on a work-shop and will be back at the weekend. He will surely read your e-mail then. :)

Trueblood
15th Jan 2004, 03:41 PM
I came to think about the idea of having a fun-match against some of their members and friends someday in the future.
Anyone having fun yet? :lol: Sexmachine least of all with all his hard work :(

Hyper_Freak
30th Jan 2004, 09:35 PM
Count me in as a button pusher / defender! I'll be happy since s-rifle is my FAVORITE weapon in ut. :sniper:

Hyper_Freak
30th Jan 2004, 09:36 PM
OOPS! i meant next time

Trueblood
31st Jan 2004, 04:53 AM
heh your over about 2 months late H_Freak :lol:
However... maybe 2nd reserve to someone.

Hyper_Freak
31st Jan 2004, 12:20 PM
i know! i mean if you ever will again.

TeCuMSeH
2nd Feb 2004, 04:03 PM
Just before Sexmachine came with the great idea to make a JB tournament I also had this idea because our clan plays too much TDM at the moment (not enough CTF and JB opponents for matches). I was only thinking about a sniperJBtournament. Maybe something to organize next year.

Sexmachine
2nd Feb 2004, 04:18 PM
Maybe something to organize next year.Next year??? What about 'in 2 months' ? :D

Hyper_Freak
2nd Feb 2004, 04:31 PM
I am confused. what exactly is a clan and how would i join one? Is this site a clan?

AxlBoBBS
2nd Feb 2004, 05:39 PM
instagib JB tourny would be superb too :D

TeCuMSeH
2nd Feb 2004, 05:55 PM
Not too soon Sexmachine, there may be a bit time in between the tournaments. But it might be good to organize it a couple of months after the ending of this tournament.

@AxlBoBBS sure you can organize that tournament then, we just need to make sure that it's not at the same time.

There are a lot of UT clans out there. Simply a group of people that play in the same team a lot. Many clans take new members. Just go find them and join on a forum. I have a couple of links for you:

Death-Juggler Clanpage (http://death-juggler.ngz-server.de/)

and on our forum some clans have left their url's

UT-Sniperclans (http://death-juggler.ngz-server.de/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=5)
UT-Clans (http://death-juggler.ngz-server.de/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=4)

I also so that there's only 2 clans that have left their url there so if you are in a clan please go there and add the url of your homepage.

AxlBoBBS
2nd Feb 2004, 05:59 PM
nah, i dont have time to run a tourny.. was just suggesting it may be a good one to do :)

RampantBunny
2nd Feb 2004, 07:06 PM
Sounds interesting :) You can put me down for an extra for now, depends who else is joining (just being a wind-bag ;) )
We need an All-star team, Rev, Dalton, TrueB, SexM, Bathory & Boost
Rev + Datlon masters of destruction
TrueB + SexM escape artists and Defence
Bath + Boost Button Keepers

Just a thought :D
can i play? i love button camping :D its bunnys button :D

Trueblood
3rd Feb 2004, 04:12 AM
Woooa a quote from the past :eek: Your very welcome to join next tournament Bunny :)

I think we should leave the tournament for along time. I started to miss the other levels, i even enjoyed JB-Face last night \o/

RampantBunny
3rd Feb 2004, 01:08 PM
Woooa a quote from the past :eek: Your very welcome to join next tournament Bunny :)

I think we should leave the tournament for along time. I started to miss the other levels, i even enjoyed JB-Face last night \o/

sweet the buttons are on me!

Hyper_Freak
3rd Feb 2004, 02:01 PM
can i join the next one 2?

Angie
15th Feb 2004, 02:38 PM
Thanx to the DJīs for the good matches this evening.
I fear your snipers! :sniper:

Sexmachine
15th Feb 2004, 03:01 PM
The first round of the tourney came to an end tonight (Team Parole vs. Death Juggler played 3:0) so here are the four teams who've reached the semifinals (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/press/tournament):

The Enigma Zone Crew
Team Parole
Team Lockdown
][apitate

Congrats to all teams - good games so far!

The next step would be to announce the date/time for the semifinals and the small changes when it comes to the rules of the tournament. I'll keep you posted asap over in this thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=122223).

Katana
23rd Feb 2004, 10:36 AM
Any dates for the semi-finals yet?

CoolDude
29th Feb 2004, 10:54 AM
Hello tournament leader ????
Anybody home?

Sexmachine
29th Feb 2004, 11:30 AM
I am on it right now! :)

Boost
29th Feb 2004, 01:02 PM
Bad news here, seeing we are a team of 6 peeps at the moment, me and CoolDude are gone for the day on the 14th till 21:00 pm. :( That means that team Lockdown can't play on the 14th. :shake:

Sexmachine
29th Feb 2004, 01:36 PM
Got it. Let's wait for the other teams to reply aswell before changing the date/time ...

Sexmachine
4th Mar 2004, 02:37 PM
][apitate is unable to play March 7th so that battle is going to happen March 14th instead. As a result the "grande finale" is (hopefully) going to happen March 21st.

Here are the new dates for the 2nd stage:

Semi Finals (best of 3):

01 Sunday Mar. 7th 2004 19:30 CET Team Lockdown vs. Team Parole
02 Sunday Mar. 14th 2004 19:30 CET The Enigma Zone Crew vs. ][apitate

Please take note of the fact that date and time has changed.

Rob
6th Mar 2004, 03:43 AM
Shouldn't you update the Tournament Page (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/press/tournament/) with these dates ?

Sexmachine
6th Mar 2004, 05:50 AM
Done. Thanks for the hint. :)

Sexmachine
7th Mar 2004, 07:28 AM
The MotherShip server is set up and ready for the first semi-final match tonight at 19:30 CET but I'll undo that right before the SundayLockdown - see ya there. :)

Boost
7th Mar 2004, 03:36 PM
Congratulatoins team Parole :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sexmachine
7th Mar 2004, 04:59 PM
Very very close matches ... congrats Team Lockdown aswell! :clap:

PS: Looks like the serverside demorecording is causing a lot of trouble (lag for some and servercrashes for everybody) so I have decided to scratch that for the other games, even though it would have been nice to have some demos to watch. :hmm:

Angie
7th Mar 2004, 05:02 PM
Congratulatoins team Parole :clap: :clap: :clap:

The match was very close, one map with draw! Thanx for playing! Had a lot of fun like always :)

anathema
7th Mar 2004, 06:26 PM
congratulations, fine job done. first thanks 4 the fair play with a little 1 on the edge kat but i forgive u. i had a great tournament evening and there can only be 1 that wins it all. good luck on the final, and thx 4 a great evening.

ScopeTrigger
7th Mar 2004, 08:26 PM
yep congrats to team parole I had a funny evening good luck on the final and if you are smart you can vote for IT again when you play like that you can only win :(

CoolDude
8th Mar 2004, 02:30 AM
Congratulations Team Parole. :clap:
Good luck in the finals.

Don't whine about IT you guys.
As regular players you all knew it was possible to get up there, and as regulars you also knew some people like it to do so.
The funny thing is: I just found out yesterday myself that it was unintended, which means it's a bug and not a secret feature.

I still wonder what would have happened with Alcatraz ...

Angie
8th Mar 2004, 11:23 AM
...and if you are smart you can vote for IT again when you play like that you can only win :(
What do you mean Scopy? I think we all had the same chances or am I wrong? :confused:

Boost
8th Mar 2004, 11:46 AM
What do you mean Scopy? I think we all had the same chances or am I wrong? :confused:

I think I can explain some of this. We were not allowed on the mountain (some of us didn't know that it was not allowed) (some of us didn't know that it was possible) but Katana kept on going up the mountain. Even after Sexmachine put the text in screen. That made some of our team a bit anoyed. I have spoken to Katana and he didn't see the text that Sexmachine wrote. He said he was sorry. So I hope that we can all get on with the match now. :D

I have one favor to ask and that is please remove IT from the list, so we don't need to get in discussion about it again. :notworthy:

Trueblood
8th Mar 2004, 11:54 AM
Rev needs to add more trees to the corner..thats all :P

ScopeTrigger
8th Mar 2004, 12:09 PM

yes you are right but in the game it happens two or tree times that we had 4 of you in jail so we where defending and I was standing on the ground under the ship and I didnt saw anybody walking but jeej you where relased it even happend after sex his text and the regular people know you can walk on the mountan but they also know it isnt allowd and I mean asspecialy katana and rev they know it I am sure and they are still doing it

but yea it happend and its only a game I am not really mad but very very dissappointed :(

RevBillyG
8th Mar 2004, 01:07 PM
Sorry Scope, but I went nowhere near the top of the cliffs. I voiced my concern as I saw someone on the red team up there (must've been Cooldude I guess).
I didn't realise Kat was up there.

I thought it was a well known bug and that everyone knew it was such. Evidently I was wrong. :/

Angie
8th Mar 2004, 01:22 PM
I have one favor to ask and that is please remove IT from the list, so we don't need to get in discussion about it again. :notworthy:
Thatīll be the best. :)
I didnīt notice that there were still people walking on the mountains after Sexmachine wrote the text, I didnīt see anybody there.
Sorry for that.

anathema
8th Mar 2004, 01:31 PM
well sorry MR dude i never knew that it was possible that any1 could even get on the mountains, if i knew i would have headshotted them (if thats a correct word). never the less i still believe the best team won.

Sexmachine
8th Mar 2004, 01:49 PM
remove IT from the listIT is gone - shall we go for a rematch?

Katana
8th Mar 2004, 02:02 PM
Sorry about the mountain thing, didn't see any message on screen about it, and i couldn't really hear anything on voice (someone forgot that there is a push-to-talk option).
Perhaps you should make the cliff incline a bit higher Rev, in the 3 points of the map where you can walk up.
Add it to the MP4 :D

Boost
8th Mar 2004, 02:19 PM
shall we go for a rematch?
Always in for a map rematch for the fun of IT not for the tournament, how about Alcatraz???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

dalton
8th Mar 2004, 05:14 PM
Im not gonna say much on this topic. I only want to say that in my opinion, one way or the other, both teams used this bug.

Sexmachine
14th Mar 2004, 11:44 AM
Once again the MotherShip server is set up and ready for the next semi-final match tonight at 19:30 CET and (once again) I'll undo that right before the SundayLockdown - see ya there (and don't forget about our GameVoice server). :)

Sexmachine
14th Mar 2004, 03:02 PM
The match between The Enigma Zone Crew and ][apitate has ended a second ago and TEZC is the winner (2:0). Now all there is left to do, is to play the final matches:

Battle for bronze:
Sunday Mar. 21st 2004 19.30 CET Team Lockdown vs. ][apitate

Battle for silver and gold:
Sunday Mar. 28th 2004 19.30 CET Team Parole vs. The Enigma Zone Crew

Please note that I had to change dates/times again - hope y'all are comfortable with that (else please mail me asap).

AxlBoBBS
14th Mar 2004, 03:26 PM
wp ][apitate enjoyed it! gl all those in the final(s)!

Boost
15th Mar 2004, 02:47 AM
Congratulations The Enigma Zone Crew. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rob
15th Mar 2004, 03:38 AM
SM, the 2 score pics on the Tournament Page both show Babylon scores.

Sexmachine
15th Mar 2004, 02:57 PM
Whoops ... fixed! (thanks for telling) :)

Sexmachine
21st Mar 2004, 06:39 AM
Once again the MotherShip server is set up and ready for the "battle for bronce" tonight at 19:30 CET and (once again) I'll undo that right before the SundayLockdown.

See this thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=122223) for details. Good luck and have fun!

Sexmachine
21st Mar 2004, 03:16 PM
And the bronce medal goes to Team ][apitate - well done guys and girls!

EDIT: Tournament Page (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/press/tournament/) updated! :)

AxlBoBBS
21st Mar 2004, 03:54 PM
well done guys! :D

Boost
21st Mar 2004, 05:11 PM
Congratulations ][apitate, nice games. ;)

Angie
21st Mar 2004, 05:11 PM
Congratulations to both teams and all players. Hope you had a lot of fun! :clap:

CoolDude
22nd Mar 2004, 04:40 AM
Congrats ][apitates with your 3rd place.
Thanks for the fun fights.

Croatia
23rd Mar 2004, 10:01 AM
Hi all JB-Fighters

THX u very much for congrats ;-) .

The game was good, me wasonly little "pissed" about the maps becuase i only like and practise one of the maps who where played the other me don't like so much.

And i don't hear infront of the game that no mapvote etc. but that was our problem what i behind the game checked.

The prob is you cant make in no Tourney that all players be satisfied with all.

So for me i say the Tourney was very funny and there was very good allone fighters and very good Teamfighters and all Teams was very fair.

What i wish for nextime ( if Sexmachine like arange it again ) ....

More maps in Mapvote and Finals with Mapvote.

So at end ][-Team like to thanks all who make the Tourney and spend much time in it that all runs.

And i congart my Team ( all normaly Snipersplayers ) for the GREAT 3. PLACE well done guys, if we in future delete the last small probs in Teamgame we maybe get nextime one place higher :-) .

So the Finals i with GL and much FUN.

So now last i hope u understand my broken UK .

CoolDude
23rd Mar 2004, 11:19 AM
So now last i hope u understand my broken UK .
We always love your English Cro ;)

Croatia
23rd Mar 2004, 01:25 PM
We always love your English Cro ;)

That is good for u http://home.arcor.de/u.t/jpg/00026D2A.JPG :D

I try my best :fluffle: :2thumb:, to speak ( write ) very good my kind of British language :eek: .

See ya on server

Sexmachine
28th Mar 2004, 08:25 AM
Don't get fooled by "Daylight Saving Time" tonight ... the FINAL match is going to happen at 19:30 CET and Sunday Lockdown is going to happen at 21:00 CET (the Lockdown Counter is ONE hour late at the moment) ... see you there! :)

Mychaeel
28th Mar 2004, 09:37 AM
(the Lockdown Counter is ONE hour late at the moment)
Not anymore -- I just fixed it. :)

Sexmachine
28th Mar 2004, 02:40 PM
The Enigma Zone Crew has beaten Team Parole three games to one and thus are the winners of the JB3 Tournament - congrats TEZC ... good games! :)

Boost
28th Mar 2004, 02:43 PM
:clap: :notworthy: Congrats TEZC :notworthy: :clap:

Birelli
28th Mar 2004, 02:49 PM
Thx, and ggs to you guys. Aside from all the problems with getting people on the server, once we actually played those were some extremely fun games. Definitely some of the highest-caliber playing I've seen in JB in my time playing it, with excellent teamwork all around :)

AxlBoBBS
28th Mar 2004, 02:55 PM
yeah agreed.. normal play problems, but the matches were superb. well done all, and thanks sex for a great tourney! :D

TEZC-Rage
28th Mar 2004, 02:55 PM
yea! 'twas fun :D good games. And a special thank to all those that tried to stand in our way ;)

But yea, once everyone was in and playing there were some great games

Angie
28th Mar 2004, 03:13 PM
Congratulations TEZC! :clap: I fear your shock-rifles. :shock:
After lots of warm-up-maps we had much fun playing with you! :)

dalton
29th Mar 2004, 12:45 PM
Congrats to TEZC, and thx to all who participated.

Sexmachine
30th Mar 2004, 01:28 PM
I have found some time to update the Tournament Page (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/press/tournament/).

Gold Medal: The Enigma Zone Crew
Silver Medal: Team Parole
Bronze Medal: ][apitate

I hope you had as much fun as I had. Good games!

tarquin
2nd Apr 2004, 08:29 AM
News up! :D

Sexmachine
2nd Apr 2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks tarqers :)

Sexmachine
4th Apr 2004, 01:17 PM
(the Lockdown Counter is ONE hour late at the moment)
Not anymore -- I just fixed it. :)Now the counter is one hour ahead. I don't get it, but thats nuts. http://forums.tactical-ops.to/images/smilies/wacky.gif

Mychaeel
4th Apr 2004, 01:46 PM
Oh, I think the U.S. is one week behind with the switch to summer time -- or something. Fixed again. ;)

Birelli
4th Apr 2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. I dug up a page on the subject which includes when most countries change here (http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html). Interestingly enough the EU and NA change on the same week in the fall but NA does it one week after EU in the spring. Goverment idiocy strikes again ;)