Delicate Knowledge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

clam

Jul 24, 2003
This is the only scripting 'General Discussion' forum available, so if this doesn't belong here then it doesn't belong anywhere, but I think it does belong.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=120775

I understand why the information about aimbots are delicate, but here's the thing. If I wanted an aimbot I could get one, but I don't want an aimbot, I want the knowledge behind it. I'm not asking for an aimbot I'm asking for knowledge, and the response has been "church-throwing-galileo-into-prison"-like:

-
* You were kicked from #unrealscript by Pfhoenix (cheats are for losers, like you)
-

Apparantly this knowledge is 'dangerous' according to Wormbo. Apparantly it's so dangerous that, unlike the code for viruses, it has to be kept under wraps. And so dangerous that a thread about it has to be locked. And so dangerous that it warrants getting kicked out of an irc channel for inquiring about. The code for computer viruses are vastly available, and those are much more dangerous than info on how an aimbot works. It's frustrating, ya know?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You obviously misunderstood me. I don't want this stuff to be discussed in a public forum like BUF because the wrong people might see it and think: "Hey cool, I'll make an aimbot now."
UT2003 has been quite free of cheats for now and although there are UnrealScript aimbots, they have not been released to the public because their makers aren't that stupid.

Why do you want to know that anyway?

clam

Jul 24, 2003
Curiosity. I think it would help me understand UT2k3 and videogame programming in general a little bit better. I just can't grasp how it's done with unrealscript online.

Would it be better if I asked, "How do you use a custom HUD for playing normal UT2k3 online, so that it will display my accuracy?." It's not the whole aimbotting thing that I am interested in. I'm interested in how these custom scripts are used. The thing is that the only examples I can think of that use the ideas of custom scripts are aimbots.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I don't really think you can learn much about the Unreal Engine by trying to understand how cheats work.
Have a look at the Version Compatibility thread in the main Coding forum instead. It tells you about the problem, but from a legal point of view.

Also please don't post UT- or UT2003-specific questions like this one in the UE Runtime forums.