PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... Morrowind type mod...

Guardian945
18th Nov 2003, 09:30 PM
Alright I know it's not the brightest thing in the box, but think about it! I mean Excusion with it's nature maps and Shibby Blade together could start something. Also you could have "special abilities" like "Super-magical-thing-which-shoots-out-red-beams-and-feezes-players Beam." More updates to come.

P.S. I got GetRight as a dl manager.

8mm_BuLLEt
19th Nov 2003, 11:39 AM
woah, and mod the ENTIRE morrowind system? or maybe just the weapons/basic interface/monsters for possible monster invasion gametype?

Parser
19th Nov 2003, 12:09 PM
This has been thought about, and it sounds like a nice idea. :)

I had definitely considered it, but think about it. Apparently both our latest stuff, Fraghouse Invasion and WtfSkaarj, are "ripoffs" of Defence Alliance and an Unreal 1 mod apparently. So what are people going to say if we introduce a Morrowind-type system? :(

Guardian945
19th Nov 2003, 07:11 PM
8mm_BuLLEt:well not the intire thing, like you said a few things here and there.
Parser: First off I'm who this person is? FINV a ripoff of DA? Ya right. And also if you guys do the mod you could always say that the community wanted it done so post all your comments at them!

8mm_BuLLEt
20th Nov 2003, 11:23 AM
well, what i am thinking is mapping out the xp system, and ATLEAST have some custom weapons like the mace or sword, for players who like their RPG spiky. and maybe havea couple of spells, here and there... next up : Neverwinter Nights.

Parser
20th Nov 2003, 12:21 PM
I like the idea, but we really need ShibbyMaster to model us some stuff. He does some great melee stuff, as demonstrated by the Shibby sword, but real life has taken its toll for a while now. :(

By the way, you guys want to try and get together on Morph's FHINV server sometime? I can chat to you about the extras pack we're doing. :)

Oh yeah, one final thing...
Testing [ UNREAL ] tag... :con:

8mm_BuLLEt
21st Nov 2003, 11:22 AM
More than happy to, I'd rather, since I'm only playing the demo of halo and D2 : LOD v1.10.

Parser
21st Nov 2003, 11:50 AM
Perhaps you guys would like to meet up on IRC sometime? I see you're in England, Bullet, so I don't think timezones would be a problem.

If you get mIRC or a similar program, connect to EnterTheGame (irc.enterthegame.com) and join channel #fraghouse if you want to get together for a game of FHI sometime. :)

8mm_BuLLEt
23rd Nov 2003, 03:12 AM
Well, damn that. I dont have any programs like mIRC. Got MSN Messenger? Since I have, and I'll give you my MSN Messenger address. Speaking of mIRC, you got a download link?

Parser
23rd Nov 2003, 07:16 AM
Sure have: www.mirc.com

That was hard. :p

And no, I don't have MSN Messenger, and I don't have an account either. :B

8mm_BuLLEt
23rd Nov 2003, 08:49 AM
D/ling now. You already on? I'll meet ya' there.

Parser
23rd Nov 2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I'm on most of the time. :)

Hao Niu-rou
11th Dec 2003, 08:42 PM
well, an RPG as a mod would be alot of work, but XP is sweet

but maybe instead you could make FHINV maps wit an interactive town

"Ahhh help us super warrior guy, the towns being overrun with monsters!"

Then when you do good you can buy new weaps/gain XP

I think that would be simpler and add a nice twist to the mod (uh gives more satisfaction knowing you're killing the hordes of monsters for a reason)

Parser
12th Dec 2003, 02:51 AM
Well what we're trying to do at the moment is implement a small system wherein you can gain weapon and health upgrades, so we'll keep you posted and show screenshots when the first version is underway. ;)

8mm_BuLLEt
12th Dec 2003, 04:46 AM
About the XP system... Maybe you could ALSO map out character stats eg. Strength (Also adds to damage), Dexterity (Adds to speed), Vitality (Health), and Mana (For casting spells). So some weapons require a certain level, amount of strength/dexterity, and some weapons can be magic and can add to damage and all stats (str/dex/vit/man).

Hao Niu-rou
16th Dec 2003, 08:35 AM
About the XP system... Maybe you could ALSO map out character stats eg. Strength (Also adds to damage), Dexterity (Adds to speed), Vitality (Health), and Mana (For casting spells). So some weapons require a certain level, amount of strength/dexterity, and some weapons can be magic and can add to damage and all stats (str/dex/vit/man).

heh yeah that sounds cool
Maybe an accuracy skill too that would change the spray of weapons

8mm_BuLLEt
16th Dec 2003, 11:18 AM
heh yeah that sounds cool
Maybe an accuracy skill too that would change the spray of weapons

Also, maybe add special class weapons (classes maybe?) which can only be wielded by that certain type of warrior. Maybe also subclasses (but no subclass-only weapons... too complicated) which choose the final features and stats of your hero.

Chr0me
25th May 2004, 11:17 AM
this idea sound wicked maybe at level ups u can choose a class only one class per person tho i.e summoner at each lvl they can summon thing like ammo monsters health depneding on what they choose or healer can heal other ppl (( if possible)) maybe by spawning health?? just an idea tho