PDA

View Full Version : Help - Mod Tutorial needed

evaderdjo
17th Nov 2003, 10:57 PM
Hello. I am completely new to the Mod development process. I have been fooling around with the old UT engine making short films, but now I have the bug to create my own game using UT2003. I have enough experience to import models, textures and build maps. What I lack is the know-how to create an actual game, so I am looking for some kind of tutorial.

These are the kinds of things I am looking for.
1) Is there a way to have my game to fire up from a shortcut, using the UT2003 engine, but not go through the opening movie or standard game selection menus? Can I have my own art display as the opening?

2) Is there a way that I can assign a specific number of monsters to a level? If so, can I assign specific monsters, not just random ones? I'm thinking that every time you launch this level you have to fight monster A, monster B and monster C, but never any others.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for a complete beginner?
Thanks

Raden
18th Nov 2003, 04:45 PM
check out http://wiki.beyondunreal.com there's a LOT of stuff in there. Hopefully some of it helps.

evaderdjo
18th Nov 2003, 10:15 PM
I had seen some of that info, but it was kind of vague and general. I was hoping to get some specifics. I guess my best bet is to download a mod and tear it apart from the inside to see what makes it tick.

Raden
19th Nov 2003, 11:28 PM
Most mods say you can learn from the code but you can't blatantly steal it. Just don't do that and everything is fine. :)