chick models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Woman models seem to have an advantage. The male models look clumsy next to them when they're doing stuff like flipping. Also, this may be a false impression, but I find that the mouse movement is a little different.

inHUMAN__EnIGmA

Frag queen , nobody can hit me.
Oct 29, 2003
Aachen
hmm it think its not so intresting what for a model you play , because someone dont see your model or so how by me , i only shoot and dont lock what for a model he is :p

Poiquiop

Jul 12, 2003
Burlington, Ontario
I'm not saying anything against them, or saying they are better, and I realise there are a lot of guys that play with them, I was just saying some of my non-gamer friends don't like it. I wouldn't know about the mouse thing, I've always played with a female model. Female Soldier: Metal Guard: Vixen. And if you're into voice packs, get the TeamUT one. It's hilarious.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Seeing I'm probably the only here who plays coop, it's very different :O) When the server has the valhalla avatar enabled, well... let's put it this way:

No need for the server to put models/skins etc in the serverpackages.

When someone else has your model/skin/voice, they wil see/hear it.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I use a male model. But every once in a while, if I decide to go into Player Setup during an online game (i.e. to change team color) it ends up showing a female model instead. When I close it, the team color changes but the male model stays, but when the next round starts, my character becomes a female model (like it was shown), and it grunts like a female when injured, but her voice is a male voice! It's kinda weird. It didn't happen until I installed the OldSkool mod, so I suspect that's what's causing it. If I go back into Player Setup and set the model/skin/voice all over again, it remains fine until the next time that happens, though.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I have a similar problem.

Accessing the character configuration panel has become slow and, sometimes when I access it during a game, I noticed that it has switched to Idina : Aphex : Female Commando for no reason and this is the skin/model that appears as my character in the next game I play. I have ONP installed (which includes oldskool).

Having played with this model a few times, I must say that "feels" more "stable" (might be subjective). On the visual side, the weapon looks a bit lower than on a male model.

Hyrulian Hero, would you care to attach your unrealtournament.ini, user.ini and a checksum list of all the files in your UT folder to determine where the problem lies ?