PDA

View Full Version : can i set a password on a name?

TheViking
15th Nov 2003, 05:23 PM
lo mates
i would like to set my server so that only i am able to be called "TheViking" is that possible?

BDB
17th Nov 2003, 12:14 PM
Sorry, I do not know of any way to do that.

Skillz
29th Nov 2003, 03:38 AM
I do know that on Unreal Tournament you can get this mutator called BodenX2. It includes a mutator inside that called Keep-it-clean, where anyone who says something that is not allowed, they will not be able to speak for however long the ini is set to.

So say you do not want the word ****, on your server. You set the mutator to check for ****, and change it to whatever you want ****:[bad word] and it will replace with bad word. Then, you can punish the user who said that by preventing them from talking to x number of seconds. If they continue to abuse it, they can get banned.

Well, this also works with user names. You can make names that if someone comes in with, they will automatically get kicked/banned. However, thier is an IP list within the mod, to where uses with x IP will be able to by pass the mutator, and will not get punished for saying such words, or using such names.

So, you can set the mod to kick anyone who comes in the server as "TheViking", except for your IP.

I know this works for Unreal Tournament. Not sure about Unreal Tournament 2003. You may be able to get it modified to work though.