PDA

View Full Version : unreal editor problem

csbellina
9th Nov 2003, 06:43 PM
Help me when i ran the Unreal editor a brown screen apears and then a white screen and then SOMETIMES it dissapears after some minutes and there is the editor but the resolution is too low and everything in the screen looks huge I already tried to change the resolution mannualy but it did not work, it looks like the program runs in that resolution for default. PLEASE HELP!

csbellina
9th Nov 2003, 08:09 PM
Come on! If you need more information I can tell you but please help me!

Gawes
10th Nov 2003, 09:09 AM
I think with "brown Screen", you mean the Runtime Logo. I am not sure what the "white screen" is. Perhaps the Editor starting up whithout all components loaded?
What OS and prazosser/Graphicscard/RAM do you use?

csbellina
11th Nov 2003, 06:15 PM
I think with "brown Screen", you mean the Runtime Logo. I am not sure what the "white screen" is. Perhaps the Editor starting up whithout all components loaded?
What OS and prazosser/Graphicscard/RAM do you use?

Proccesor: Amd Anthlon xp procesor running at 1.53 GHZ.

Graphics Card: Integrated ProSavage with 32 MB. of memory

Ram: 382 mb of ram.

the white screen has the letters X,Y,Z. at the corner

lostinmap
22nd Jul 2004, 03:36 AM
I have been having a similar problem except the white screen is black with a gray grid. If you or somone finds a solution please tell me. I did find that in the editor.log in the system folder it did show that an ime was not supported by my os (windows XP Pro).

jack0
11th Aug 2004, 10:18 PM
im new here and i just joined this forum to get info. i am a complete amutur when it comes down to making levels with unreal editor 2003. i whant to kno all need to kno to make a level because i'm totaly lost. plese do't use tenical terms because i am an amutor.

Soccerguy789
27th Nov 2004, 03:19 PM
Hey,
I have UT 2004, but all the info I've found is for 2003 so the texture names are all different, and I cant find some of the textures I need. Also a lot of things are messed up I need to make outdoor levels. I have been able to learn indoor levels fine, but making adaquate outdoor lighting and all that seems imposible. Please someone help me if you can.

lostinmap
9th Jan 2005, 03:18 AM
I found out why I was havingh trouble. It was my graphics card. Unreal ed takes lot of resources. I went up in video card and it went right way.

Cooban
1st Aug 2005, 06:37 AM
Dont know weather this will help but when I start the editor the screen is white however the top tool bar is visable. To fix this problem I just go to view(on the top toolbar) then viewpoint in the dropdown menu and then select configure and choose a configuration.

Hope that helps

redbully
2nd Aug 2005, 04:16 PM
I have been getting white screen on start up, since forever. Thanks for the refresher on the fix...I love you man.