What is your game?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which INF do you prefer? (excluding INF 2.9)

• INF 2.86 all by it's vanilla self. Yummers.

Votes: 39 36.1%
  • RAV2 with compass/dtas/etc

Votes: 55 50.9%
  • RA2.86 with compass/dtas/etc

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Something else (previous version, etc)

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
So I was bored, and went to play some INF tonight. Only servers with people were either vanilla ice INF or passworded. So I played a few rounds of vanilla ice. It amazes me how crazy vanilla ice INF is compared to previous INFs and modded INFs. So then I got to thinking, which INF do you prefer? This basically only applies to those of us WITHOUT INF 2.9. So no beta testers please. I really like rav2 with all the goods. Second would be ra2.86. I seriously cannot stand INF 2.86. I think it is faster than UT2003, but with crippling reloadings. How INF 2.86 got to be the longest lasting INF is still a mystery.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Vanilla inf was one of the reasons i quit this mod a long time ago.

My first game of rav2 brought me right back. :D

Last edited:

Rocko

the king of hipshots
Apr 6, 2001
Sweden
www.c-22.org
There are more vanilla players than ra1+ra2 but they ain't visiting this forum for various reasons, so this poll will never actually tell the truth...buth nevertheless it could be fun to see how it turns out. :)

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I prefer to be killed by everyone on RAv2 than being killed by everyone on vanilla 2.86 :) . So it is RAv2 all the way.

I think that RAv2 is really what INF 2.86 should have been since the start.

Now , for older version, i must say that 2.75 was great for fun with bots ;)

Last edited:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
RaV2 was what kept me playing Inf TBH (like that's any recommendation :lol: ).

Inf 2.86 makes me feel ooooold. Seriously, you need the reflexes of a 12 year old chinese tetris addict on speed to play it.

For the purposes of this poll I am going to have to go with 2.9. F ck I am sick of waiting.

Last edited:

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I wish this poll did reflect the people online. It is funny how there are more RAV2 people in here than online. Even though RAV2 games are hard to come by, I'm still greatful for yurch and all the other coders who made the RAV2 servers possible. Servers like AFA2 were awsome about a year ago and are what kept me as an active player and community member. Thank you community code monkeys;)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well I do check online roughly once a day still in look for a RA server with a few people on it. Actually Friday night was the first night since "INF day" that I saw people on RA servers. Just like INF day however, I didn't play. It's weird. I got into the habit of checking the servers for people, finding none, then leaving. I think it also may be the "fact" that INF 2.9 is on it's way. We RA folk have been looking forward to INF 2.9 more than the vanilla guys. The vanilla guys will go into shock with INF 2.9 and the gameplay differences. And it's also funny how earlier INFs were much more slow paced, so if you had went from 2.85.3 to INF 2.9, it may not have been so bad. I wonder what the vanilla guys will do with INF 2.9? Maybe I should post another poll to find out, but like you said, most of those guys don't show their faces in here. In short, I want INF 2.9 more than I want to play INF 2.86 with RA or anything. And since I have more confidence now more than ever that it will be here soon, I feel I can hold off playing RA INF online until I get INF 2.9.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
People who dont read forums, dont get introduced to RA.

Still, its funny that ra is so popular. It started out as a minority "special tastes" thing that alot dident like (and some still dont like) and just made converts as it whent.
Its good to know that extreme realism has its nitch in the fps market too.