Map convertor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Anyone kno if there is a way to make DM maps or any other maps into BR maps? I like BR the best and I want to play some DM levels in BR format. Any way?

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
you'll have to open the map up in ued and add the br goals (which are actually pretty well hidden in the editor)

basically if you dont know anything about mapmaking have someone do it for you or read a little on the wiki and find out how to place the goals

PapaBear

Old. Very Old.
Oct 26, 2003
SF Bay Area, CA
www.whatacharacter.net
m&ms said:
you'll have to open the map up in ued and add the br goals (which are actually pretty well hidden in the editor)

basically if you dont know anything about mapmaking have someone do it for you or read a little on the wiki and find out how to place the goals

It is not only that. You also have to add the ball :lol:

Seriously though.. If you just add goals and a ball, it *still* won't play as a BR map. You have to tell it what game type it is.

Go to View|Level Properties|LevelInfo|DefaultGameType and change

XGame.xDeathmatch

to this

XGame.xBombingRun

Leave PreCacheGame alone (it'll still refer to DeathMatch).

To add goals and a ball, I don't get them from the editor (to be honest, I don't know where they even are). I open a BR map and use the ol' Windows copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) them into your conversion map. Works fine.

Remember to set the goal's TEAM NUMBER (highlight the goal -- it'll turn green), choose properties, to to Team|Team and set the number. RED = 0 and BLUE = 1.

Remember to "Save As" BR-{yadda}.ut2 instead of DM-{yadda}.ut2

Finally, a few more pointers:
- Pay attention to spawn locations, as those used in the the DM game may not work well in BR.
- Unless you're going to make a map that will use bots, remove all the bot path nodes -- it'll make the bots really stupid if they do get in the map, though. If you do want bots, then make good bot paths using the path nodes (this is tedious work).
- Make certain it is playable and even for both sides -- so that each team can get to the ball spawn and each goal room equally well.
- You may want to add colored lighting to ease the way for the ball carriers. Sometimes, due to the placement of the goal, it gets confusing (like if its above or below you) without some little indicators of where to go. I like the use of subtle reds and blues to indicate the direction of the base.

In case you're wondering if I know whatof I speak, I've converted these maps:

BR-1vOUF-marsbase3000.ut2
BR-1vOUF-OutRigger.ut2
BR-1vOUF-UTFv3.ut2
BR-2vOUF-CheckMate.ut2
BR-2vOUF-QuantumFlux.ut2
BR-2vOUF-StormFront.ut2
BR-2vOUF-Vertigo.ut2
BR-Bridge[OUFv2].ut2
BR-ComArray[OUFv2].ut2
BR-December[OUFconv].ut2
BR-HallsofRedemption[OUFv2].ut2
BR-Lostfaith[OUFv2].ut2
BR-Maul[OUFconv].ut2
BR-NightBridge[OUF].ut2

... they can all be found @ ]OUF[Phobos - 69.12.5.36:7777 (some conversions ARE better than others ;) )

m&ms

Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
yeah yeah yeah

it was pretty darn late when i typed that and i was not going to type all that stuff

on and the ball......a slight oversight :lol:

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
hal said:
I know of a convertor that changes any map to CTF http://muscat.solgamers.com/MapsConverter.php But nothing that converts to BR.
Maybe we could ask the maker to make another verison that allows DOM and BR to played in any map also, as it will make it much easier then manual going in the editor and doing it. A few bugs can also be fixed (mainly with weapon adding mutators). Hope that was not off topic *runs away and trys to ask the maker about that stuff, with no idea how to get into contact*.

Last edited:

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Swift Viper said:
Maybe we could ask the maker to make another verison that allows DOM and BR to played in any map also, as it will make it much easier then manual going in the editor and doing it. A few bugs can also be fixed (mainly with weapon adding mutators). Hope that was not off topic *runs away and trys to ask the maker about that stuff, with no idea how to get into contact*.

That sounds like a good idea. I never fooled around with the editor thing. It would make life a whole lot easier.

m&ms

Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
i'm really curious how it would do that

does the program decide where all the spawn points and the goals go? and then it'd have to reconstruct all the bot pathing.....

pretty complicated stuff without having a person to designate where everything goes

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
For DOM, I think if you play on a CTF or BR map it would change the flag/goal to a control point and make players spawn at both sides of the map, so one team is not always at one side of the map. For BR, I'm guessing on a DOM or CTF map it would change the control points or flags to goals and try to find a spot in the middle (One Flag CTF could find spots in the middle to place the flag in UT) to place the ball at. As for DM maps, it would be a little bit harder and the team bases for BR might not be fully balanced. That is just my guesses, could turn out to be much different if the person adds those modes to the Map Convertor.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
]OUF[PapaBear said:
Seriously though.. If you just add goals and a ball, it *still* won't play as a BR map. You have to tell it what game type it is.

XGame.xDeathmatch

to this

XGame.xBombingRun
Actually, that only affects running the map by double-clicking on the map file itself. Simply changing the prefix to BR- is enough for playing it through the game menu.

allanon103

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
]OUF[PapaBear said:
It is not only that. You also have to add the ball :lol:

XGame.xDeathmatch

to this

XGame.xBombingRun

Leave PreCacheGame alone (it'll still refer to DeathMatch).

To add goals and a ball, I don't get them from the editor (to be honest, I don't know where they even are). I open a BR map and use the ol' Windows copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) them into your conversion map. Works fine.

Remember to set the goal's TEAM NUMBER (highlight the goal -- it'll turn green), choose properties, to to Team|Team and set the number. RED = 0 and BLUE = 1.

Remember to "Save As" BR-{yadda}.ut2 instead of DM-{yadda}.ut2

Finally, a few more pointers:
- Pay attention to spawn locations, as those used in the the DM game may not work well in BR.
- Unless you're going to make a map that will use bots, remove all the bot path nodes -- it'll make the bots really stupid if they do get in the map, though. If you do want bots, then make good bot paths using the path nodes (this is tedious work).
- Make certain it is playable and even for both sides -- so that each team can get to the ball spawn and each goal room equally well.
- You may want to add colored lighting to ease the way for the ball carriers. Sometimes, due to the placement of the goal, it gets confusing (like if its above or below you) without some little indicators of where to go. I like the use of subtle reds and blues to indicate the direction of the base.

In case you're wondering if I know whatof I speak, I've converted these maps:

BR-1vOUF-marsbase3000.ut2
BR-1vOUF-OutRigger.ut2
BR-1vOUF-UTFv3.ut2
BR-2vOUF-CheckMate.ut2
BR-2vOUF-QuantumFlux.ut2
BR-2vOUF-StormFront.ut2
BR-2vOUF-Vertigo.ut2
BR-Bridge[OUFv2].ut2
BR-ComArray[OUFv2].ut2
BR-December[OUFconv].ut2
BR-HallsofRedemption[OUFv2].ut2
BR-Lostfaith[OUFv2].ut2
BR-Maul[OUFconv].ut2
BR-NightBridge[OUF].ut2

... they can all be found @ ]OUF[Phobos - 69.12.5.36:7777 (some conversions ARE better than others ;) )

I copied the goal, but how do i get it pasted into my converted map? For some reason i cant get it to work.