M$ updates download.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
Allright,

I´ll make the second fresh install on my comp this year. So, I need the updates for WinXP. I´ll not put my comp in the internet w/o updating some critical security stuff - MSBlast anyone(59 seconds...)?

Anyhow, I´d like to perform the updates install myself, I just need the files - witch I deleted "unwishlly". They´re somewhere in the windows folder - updates folder of something. If someone could put a rar, zip, with the updates on the net for me to download or post the address of a site witch has all them, I´ll be glad. Right now I´m using my old OS, a new instalation over a previous one, so this is the why it´s sorta slow for boot-up and BSOD appear some times, after heavy load - gaming or building anything with MFC, MVC - all this crap...

Well, I use 256Kbps cable, so it will not take much time.

Thank you all.

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
U can get all the windows updates for XP from microsoft.com, but xp will notifiy u and tell u what updates u need to download when they are avalibile.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
OT but some advice. Get the patches and your machine configured the way you want it. Then image your system. Next time you want reinstall all you need to do is take the image you had and put it back on.

Last edited:

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
Mappie, I know that. I don´t wanna use windowsupdate, ´cause the computer will be vulnerable for an atack w/o the patches, mainly from MSBlast. This is the why I need the updates for an *offline* install.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
/me snickers

Such a thing doesn't exist. Your best bet is to get a firewall and then install, or download explicitly that single file you need, store it to CD, and then continue.

Edit:

Obligary penny-arcade post.

20020722l.gif

;)

Last edited:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Keganator is correct. Install virus protection, firewall. There is a program to find and kill blaster and the like. Get it. Go to Mcafee (sp?) and download the stinger program. It hunts down 32 or so of the more annyoing current stuff out there. You can DL patches individually from Microsoft buts its annyoing. Get what you consider the most important and DL them for installing. With this you should be OK. Shouldn't take long for you to get fully updated.

Also get something to check for Spyware. Even a clean install of XP has something.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Keganator said:
Obligary penny-arcade post.
[/img]
Here's that comic minus the outdated message from Gabriel :)

edit: Bloody hell... forgot to attach it.

Attachments

• 20020722l.gif
    20020722l.gif
    45.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: