PDA

View Full Version : MapVote problem ?

sifa
31st Oct 2003, 08:41 AM
hi,
im a german guy and i have a problem with my dedicated server(ut2003,winxp,400b11). I do my best to explain it understandable.

sometime it happends, when a match is in progress and a new player will join the match, that the player can not login. He can only see the map in "fly by".
I also wondered why the server load a default map, erverytime a new player join the match (Ucc.log).
And there are many of errors in the ucc.log - why ?

please help !!!

BDB
31st Oct 2003, 01:30 PM
when a match is in progress and a new player will join the match, that the player can not login. He can only see the map in "fly by".

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with MapVote.
I'm not sure but I think that it is because you are running the Invasion
gametype. When a player joins an Invasion game in the middle he is put into
spector mode.

I also wondered why the server load a default map, erverytime a new player join the match (Ucc.log).
And there are many of errors in the ucc.log - why ?
please help !!!

Are you refering to this log entry ?

MapVoteDebug: Default Map Choosen = CTF-Raw(Inv)

Don't worry about this. MapVote chooses a randome map everytime a player
leaves the server. It doesn't actually change maps at this time, so just ingnore
this.

Most of the logged Errors that I see in your log are not from MapVote. Most of them are from the Invasion game code.
This is normal, I run an Invasion server also and I see a ton of errors. Some from
the gametype and a bunch from monsters and bots.
There is not much that can be done about these.

sifa
31st Oct 2003, 03:47 PM
hi BDB,
thank you very much for this detailed and quick answer. that was all i want to know.
You say you run an Invasion server too. what is about the timelimit ? i have tryed but it do not work - any idea ?

BDB
1st Nov 2003, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure if there is a timelimit in Invasion.
Anyone else know ?

Ifram
9th Nov 2003, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure if there is a timelimit in Invasion.
Anyone else know ?

Invasion does not have a timelimit. It keeps going until the last man standing is gone.